UCLA Graduate Division

SirPrizeHobbies

Is anyone else still waiting for the Graduate Division to email them their official acceptance? I've been admitted to my program (ACCESS) more than 4 weeks ago, but I haven't heard back from the UCLA Graduate Division yet.

Edited by SirPrizeHobbies

Is anyone else still waiting for the Graduate Division to email them their official acceptance? I've been admitted to my program (ACCESS) more than 4 weeks ago, but I haven't heard back from the UCLA Graduate Division yet.

It took me about 3 weeks to get my letter from the department after my access admittance, but even then, it said that it was "recommended for admission" so the letter sort of pre-dated the access acceptance! but it seems I was processed super fast. I think it's because I applied for one of the fellowships. 

I've gotten my departmental "recommended for admission" as well as the letter through the graduate division page, but have yet to receive financial information. It'll happen soon enough I assume, as far as I know they were sending out the emails in packets, maybe they just aren't done?

I think moral of the story is UCLA Graduate division, and maybe the University as a whole, is quite fragmented and disorganized, which is nothing new for large scale research uni's. 

Edited by kwonberry

I'm still waiting on mine. I applied for Bioengineering MS and apparently they're still trying to wrap things up. I'm not quite sure how they go through the applications and how they decide who hears back when but whatever the case my application got put in the last wave.

Does anyone know how the funding options are these days in UCLA for graduate studies (Masters)? I've heard a lot about how the UC's are strained in terms of budget the last couple of years. 

Edited by AceRoom

I finally received the official letter from the Graduate Division! I haven't actually received the email yet, but I checked the Decision Status page and my letter was already uploaded. The letter was dated 3/8/13. I received my department recommendation for admission on 2/21.

Damn. I keep getting this status:

To date, no decision has been made on your application. You may want to check the Application Status page to see if the department or program has listed any items that are missing from your file.

Please note that most decisions on graduate admissions for fall term are made in the months of March and April and therefore you should not anticipate a decision much before that time period.

I'm not sure about other departments but the Bioengineering department says they're behind on applications. I guess they're all just really impacted right now. Lots of applicants this year maybe? 

frwang. Did you talk with the BE Department? I was accepted on Feb.20th I think and was informed 2 weeks ago that they will send out official letters by the  end of March.

I am not sure they sent it already, but my status still shows the same message( no decision has been made blah blah)

I called them and they said no decision has been made on my application yet and that it would potentially be another 2 weeks or so. Did you apply for MS or PHD?

I applied for PhD Bioengineering. I am still waiting from UCSD. Although it is highly unlikely I will get accepted at this point, but if I do I will accept UCSD offer.

I guess you are applying for MS, because PhD offer were all sent out in February. Did you speak with Anne-Marie or someone else?

Yes, I spoke to Anne-Marie. She said there were still a lot of administrative things to take care of. Good luck with UCSD Bioengineering they're program is awesome and congrats with UCLA so far.