How are you managing the stress?

Dark-Helmed

I'm pretending to stress about a future wedding that isn't even in the works just so I don't have to stress about applications...oh boy 

Lol. I'm stressing about a future wedding that is in the works. It's a moderately effective distraction, because every so often I'll remember about grad school again and start getting really anxious. Grad school stress >> wedding stress!

I don't think I can take this anymore. I can't seem to leave gradcafe/my email/ my computer/any electronic device and the minute I do I instantly think "I need to go check to see if anything has changed."  I don't know what I am going to do once I don't have to keep checking my email... I am psychologically damaged. 

I hope you don't have to wait much longer!  You will recover, I promise.

at last.. an acceptance from UC Davis. Applied to 5 PhD programs, and ended up getting into a M Eng program. Didn't get the chocolate cake, but I'll take the hershey's kiss...

I was at work today, and the email sprung up to check my application status. I was like shit, that probably means I'm rejected. But no, it's technically an acceptance.

ok whatever, time to figure out if I'm going, and if so, who the hell's going to pay for it.

Congratulationsish, child of 2.  Hershey's kisses can be pretty tasty, and, well, if we want to run with the metaphor: you often feel better after eating a few kisses than the huge cake. Fewer sunk costs in terms of your daily calorie allotment too.