Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Is it common for FPA's to notify the students who were recommended early? I want to ask my adviser so bad because I'm sure he probably knows by now, but I don't want to annoy him any more than I already have. I'm jealous of those who already know. My heart has been pounding since I woke up this morning....!!!!

Does anyone remember what it was like to exist without the crippling anxiety of waiting?!

No only am I waiting for this, but also for 3 other grants...AND trying to prepare for my exams,

If I die from stress, I want you all to know that I love you!

So...this may be nothing, but I applied to Australia and I have been checking the hits on my website. I had a hit from Canberra (the location of the fb office in Australia) yesterday, and I think maybe it was from them? I checked and no one has ever hit my website from there in its 4 year history. Coincidence? Am I going nuts? :-) best of luck to all you wonderful folks!!!

Yes. With a side of Yes. I'm just afraid that it will end up in my spam folder. You got a school in California?? I just graduate from UCI!

Yeah, I go to CSU Northridge for journalism. Surprisingly good school for the field (though CSUN gets a bad wrap).

Only two people applied for Fulbright from CSUN, myself and a guy applying to Germany (I see you applied for Germany too. I applied to the Netherlands). Maybe we will both get it and be country-neighbors!

I'm not sure I see the reason to because you applied at-large. I don't think your school status matters in the next round.

This is probably a dumb question, but for those of you affiliating with a university, obviously when the app was due in October no one had been accepted yet. Does it matter if in your application you said you were IN THE PROCESS OF applying to the school? If/when you get in, should you notify Fulbright?? 

It all depends on your program. I know with mine (as I double checked 8,000 times) I don't apply to the school until after I get the Fulbright and until then, my letter of affiliation is my "acceptance." If you check the website, it'll tell you if you need to be accepted vs just affiliated. 

Yeah, I go to CSU Northridge for journalism. Surprisingly good school for the field (though CSUN gets a bad wrap).

Only two people applied for Fulbright from CSUN, myself and a guy applying to Germany (I see you applied for Germany too. I applied to the Netherlands). Maybe we will both get it and be country-neighbors!

My bad, I saw your other post.. Yah CSUN and some of the state schools get a bad rap. CSUN is a commuter school, that's why. I went CSULA so I understand..lol

Holy $#!% I had a dream about grad school and Fulbright! 

I dreamed that I got into my first choice programs and with full funding, and got the Fulbright and had to pick between the two...

You know that state when yo're half dreaming half awake, like when you're just about to wake up?

At that point I was like, "No, no noooo please don't be a dream!" but alas it was. 

Holy $#!% I had a dream about grad school and Fulbright! 

I dreamed that I got into my first choice programs and with full funding, and got the Fulbright and had to pick between the two...

You know that state when yo're half dreaming half awake, like when you're just about to wake up?

At that point I was like, "No, no noooo please don't be a dream!" but alas it was. 

I barely slept last night but when I did I dreamed that I was Jennifer Lawrence and I was at an awards show and didn't win anything -- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

However, Channing Tatum asked me/JLAW out, so I/JLAW thought that evened things out for the night.

My husband just left for the grocery store and on his way out said, "You're gonna want some strong beer this afternoon either way, right?"

Yes, yes I will.

Well, I have a sixpack of Blue Moon waiting for me in my fridge (well, there are four left but whatevs) for after five pm.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy some craft beer tonight ;) 

This is probably a dumb question, but for those of you affiliating with a university, obviously when the app was due in October no one had been accepted yet. Does it matter if in your application you said you were IN THE PROCESS OF applying to the school? If/when you get in, should you notify Fulbright?? 

I'm not sure I see the reason to because you applied at-large. I don't think your school status matters in the next round.

OK so based on what other people wrote, I just realized that I totally misunderstood your post Kelsey. I thought you were talking about a university you are attending now, not one you are applying to attend with Fulbright funding. So ignore my post, my brain is obviously all over the place today and has decided that full comprehension skills were putting too much of a demand on Olivia's brain.

Well, I was perfectly content to wait it out until Jan 31 until I found this forum and now I am a huge mess - I blame you all :)

I'm just wondering if anyone else applied to Turkmenistan or another Central Asian country? 

My husband just left for the grocery store and on his way out said, "You're gonna want some strong beer this afternoon either way, right?"

Yes, yes I will.

Honestly, I think my favorite part about this forum is hearing about how cute all of your SOs are. :D

Well, I was perfectly content to wait it out until Jan 31 until I found this forum and now I am a huge mess - I blame you all :)

I'm just wondering if anyone else applied to Turkmenistan or another Central Asian country? 

Look for the spreadsheet. There are already two applicants to Turkmenistan listed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsJrSSHnssqFdHNPell4VVZwWDgtWUpQcTVVeWM0bWc&usp=sharing#gid=1

I'm now snowed in with no access to alcohol of any kind - whether it would be for mourning or celebration, I'll know in a few hours...
I clearly did not think this through when I was at the grocery store yesterday.
WHY HASN'T AMAZON.COM FIGURED OUT THIS WHOLE DRONE DELIVERY THING YET?!
I think since Fulbright is a government program, they should have their own drones to drop booze at every applicant's doorstep on decision day.
Tax money well spent... Just sayin'.

Sending lots of love and luck to everyone today...

Funny posts from Twitter:

"Five hours until I find out whether or not I move to the next round of the Fulbright selection process. Gimme ALL the drinks."

"Also the Fellowship Office on campus telling us to "keep an eye out" for Fulbright notifications today is not helping with my stress levels."

Yay for being able to look at Twitter posts without actually having a Twitter :D

Well, I have a sixpack of Blue Moon waiting for me in my fridge (well, there are four left but whatevs) for after five pm.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy some craft beer tonight ;)

For real. I've requested some breed of strong stout of his choosing!

Yesterday I had a dream everyone got notified except me, damn anxiety. Besides the tachycardia, I am feeling pretty okay. Time for some class time right now and then work work work. I will be in class from 6-9 PM too, ughhhhhhhhhhhh.  

Unfortunately, most state schools in California get a bad wrap :/ But yeah neighbors! See you in Europe!!! :)