MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

Hi all,

I received an email from UBC and was recommended for admission to their MPH program. Frankly, I was surprised by how soon I have to notify them - I'm still awaiting the results for 5 other schools (SFU, Alberta, UofT, Queen's and Waterloo) - but UBC is one of my top choices.

Best of luck to everyone else! :) Hope the waiting period ends soon!

Hi everyone,

I also received an email from UBC MPH yesterday offering admission.  Was surprised how soon it came and how quickly we have to decide!  I am also waiting on some other programs but I believe I am going to accept as it is my top choice. 

Hi everyone,

I also received an email from UBC MPH yesterday offering admission.  Was surprised how soon it came and how quickly we have to decide!  I am also waiting on some other programs but I believe I am going to accept as it is my top choice. 

Hi all,

I received an email from UBC and was recommended for admission to their MPH program. Frankly, I was surprised by how soon I have to notify them - I'm still awaiting the results for 5 other schools (SFU, Alberta, UofT, Queen's and Waterloo) - but UBC is one of my top choices.

Best of luck to everyone else! :) Hope the waiting period ends soon!

MPHbound and styrofoamboots, u mind sharing your gpa stats and experience/research etc?

MPHbound and styrofoamboots, u mind sharing your gpa stats and experience/research etc?

Hi mh6.

My GPA was a 91% (last 10 courses) and I have been volunteering with Vancouver Coastal Health for the last 3 years.  My work experience involved working in community health at local community centres and working at a private health care center involved with integrative medicine.  

Not that much research aside from some research papers in my undergrad which focused on preventative medicine and reducing cardiovascular disease.

I applied last year and didn't get in.  This year I think I focused on some specific goals that I hope to accomplish through the program and improved my resume in these areas.  My undergrad was in Kinesiology.

Hope that helps!

I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM LAKEHEAD YET......ANY UPDATES...IT IS MAKING ALL OF US VERY NERVEOUS

Sincere apologies - I meant to ask if anyone had heard from them yet, not the other way around. Please forgive me! Didn't mean to rattle any nerves.

Hi, I am applying for MPH for fall 2014.

I have got acceptance for Graduate Diploma in Community Health at Memorial University.

Does anybody have information on how's the course like?

Also the application review procedure for MPH procedure is still on so should I wait for that before accepting into the graduate Diploma Program?

Sincere apologies - I meant to ask if anyone had heard from them yet, not the other way around. Please forgive me! Didn't mean to rattle any nerves.

No my apologies.... i was just telling about my self... that as i am getting nervous as there is no updates from universities....i was not commenting on ur remark...

I think we are completely mis understanding each other

Got my lakehead mph offer for flex-time online last week! The acceptance deadline is very soon and I don't think I'll hear from my top choice by then....

I wonder if anyone knows whether schools will extend deadlines and if so, under what circumstance?

It's frustrating that the timelines don't match up between schools... But happy I got an offer nonetheless:)

Thanks!!

I have read in the topics from other years that it is a good sign if UVic asks for an official transcript, so what I'm wondering is ... If you already go to UVic and there is a second transcript slot that says "UVic Transcript" on top of the "unofficial transcript" slot, is that the same thing? Does anyone know?

My GPA in the final 2 years was also 91%. I did my undergrad in psychology but also minored in sociology.

I have about 2 years of research experience in program planning and evaluation. One research project involved assessing "at risk" children's cognitive and social skills as a function of childcare accessibility and quality of care.

Outside of research, I currently mentor children and youth and do my best to promote their physical and mental health. I've heard some pretty scary stuff about bullying and also witnessed the effects of physical inactivity, so this job has pushed me to create and implement various anti-bullying activities and obesity prevention strategies in my workplace.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck!

Dear Fellow Forumers,

If you are applying for more than one program and both of them have different deadlines.

Is it possible to accept one offer earlier and then maybe accept the 2nd offer and decline the previous one.?

Thank You

'Decision Made' !!! That's all showing in application status of University of Toronto. I have not received mail or call. Fingers crossed and heart pumping like a diesel engine!!! every minute is killing me!!!

Hi all- congratulations to those who have received admission and all the best to everyone waiting! My usask status has changed to "decision made: dept recommended- conditional". Anyone know what this means?

Hi all- congratulations to those who have received admission and all the best to everyone waiting! My usask status has changed to "decision made: dept recommended- conditional". Anyone know what this means?

Congratulations, I am sure that means you are recommended for admissions, but it is conditional, based on you submitting you final transcript and finishing up your courses.

Under the FAQs on the Applications page for the MPH program, it states that "Department  Recommend" means you are accepted! 

Holy smokes that's unbelievable!!!! Thanks for your reply!

'Decision Made' !!! That's all showing in application status of University of Toronto. I have not received mail or call. Fingers crossed and heart pumping like a diesel engine!!! every minute is killing me!!!

ooh hopefully good news!! What program did you apply to? Epi?