2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Where are you getting this info?

I read it on another forum and I also checked on the results page and last year and the year before the emails were sent on Tuesday, about a week before Christmas... I hope it's not true because I didn't get an email... :(

Arizona ABBS interview!!! I'm on cloud 9 right now, seriously.

Offered choice of Jan 23-25th or February 6th-8th. I chose the first weekend tentatively.

Guys, if I got an interview with my stats, all of you will too!

Congratulations! Hurray for second chances lol

What is your take on being offered the latest/later interview dates from a school? Do you think that receiving an interview date later on means that you are not among the top choices of a program?

Honestly can't be sure on this one. Could just be the order in which they offered the invites...or the less desirable option...

Arizona ABBS interview!!! I'm on cloud 9 right now, seriously.

Offered choice of Jan 23-25th or February 6th-8th. I chose the first weekend tentatively.

Guys, if I got an interview with my stats, all of you will too!

See you there!  :D

I have my very last final of my underaged tomorrow and all I can do is nervously refresh this page and my email hoping for good news! Unfortunately the majority of the schools I applied for have not really started sending out invites quite yet. I guess it's good I haven't been rejected from any yet...

Edited by Azia

I have my very last final of my underaged tomorrow and all I can do is nervously refresh this page and my email hoping for good news! Unfortunately the majority of the schools I applied for have not really started sending out invites quite yet. I guess it's good I haven't been rejected from any yet...

Applying (9): SDSU/ UCSD- JDP CMB, UC Irvine- MCB, UC Santa Cruz- PBSE, Stanford- Micro & Immun, UCSF- Biomed, UC Berkeley- Infectious disease & Immunity, UC Davis- Micro, Oregon SU- Micro, U Washington- Micro

Interview (0/9): 

Accepted: (0/9)

Rejected: (0/9)

hehe I see we are both in the running for Stanford Micro&Immuno

hehe I see we are both in the running for Stanford Micro&Immuno

Yep! That would qualify as my dream school I applied to so I am not expecting much. But one can always hope right! Good luck!

From the results page (Michigan PIBS):

"Received a call from a faculty member in pharmacology; she said the adcom for PIBS had their long meeting this morning, and students can expect emails with more information about interviews this Thurs or Fri. She also stated that there will be two weekends to choose from. I hope to see some of you there!"

I would say cue nail biting, but stress levels have reached 11 already.   O__________O

Well, seems I've settled on applying to UIUC MCB, Loyola-Chicago, Notre Dame, Iowa, Pittsburg IBGP, Florida IDP, Medical College of Wisconsin. Still considering maybe adding a Jan 15 deadline program, but not sure. Already submitted Pitt, Florida, Loyola, and going to submit Notre Dame soon. The rest I just have Statements of Purpose to do.

A guy at MCW told me if I had taken the earliest interview date last year, I would have had the best opportunity to get into the program. By the time I interviewed, 14 of the 17 spots were already taken. So I'm gonna submit that one earlier. 

Second times the charm I hope. I've been spending my time working or volunteering in two labs back at my undergrad. Hopefully that pays off.

From Penn:

Question: Is there anyway to know when the application reviews and interview invites will be sent out by programs?

Answer:

There is no set schedule for invite notifications—invites are managed by each group individually in advance of their interview weekends. As noted below, some groups do make their interview information public, including CAMB

Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis between late January and April 15. All final decisions will be available from BGS by April 15, though the vast majority of applicants will be notified well in advance of this date.

Anyone else applying Harvard BBS and they don't have your official GRE scores yet? I called admissions today and this really nice woman tried to comfort me (the apostrophe in my last name messes everything up...) but now I'm worried since apparently they're sending invites this Saturday.

ERR_Alpha, how did you know that they don't have your scores? Is there a check status page for Harvard? I don't even know whether they have mine... ):

Applicants checking on the status of their GRE or TOEFL scores must call 617-496-6100 between 2 pm and 5 pm EST.

Best Regards,

Division of Medical Sciences

Admissions & Student Affairs

Harvard Medical School

I emailed to check and got this. They have my transcript (that can be checked with a straight up email to a department) but not my scores :(

Interview invite via email from Boston University PiBS! Dates: Jan 24 or Feb 10.  

Hmm...boyfriend's annual company getaway falls on Jan 24 and if I were to do Feb 10 I'd have to fly directly from Duke to Boston. Getting busy, I don't know how some of you applied to 10+ schools!