2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Interview invite via email from Boston University PiBS! Dates: Jan 24 or Feb 10.  

Hmm...boyfriend's annual company getaway falls on Jan 24 and if I were to do Feb 10 I'd have to fly directly from Duke to Boston. Getting busy, I don't know how some of you applied to 10+ schools! 

What focus area did you choose within PiBS?

Received a call from Michigan PIBS (Pharmacology) this morning, sounds like they'll be making calls through the week and sending out information at the end of the week

What focus area did you choose within PiBS?

The 3 research interests I checked were:

Development & Regenerative Biology, Stem Cells

Cell Signaling & Gene Regulation

Cancer Biology & Hematologic Disorders

Mostly focused on stem cells though in the "why have you chosen boston university" section.

How many of you are already freaking out about PIs? I have lists for all my schools of course, but they aren't super strong for each and every program. I thought the real stress wouldn't be until rotations start, but just picking out profs for interviews is freaking me out!!

How many of you are already freaking out about PIs? I have lists for all my schools of course, but they aren't super strong for each and every program. I thought the real stress wouldn't be until rotations start, but just picking out profs for interviews is freaking me out!!

Didn't some of your applications include places to select PIs?

Didn't some of your applications include places to select PIs?

Yeah a lot of them did, but most of the invites I've received ask for a list that I would like to interview with for rotations during the recruitment weekend. It makes everything seem so real. Like, I'm already picking out rotations? (kinda)

Yeah a lot of them did, but most of the invites I've received ask for a list that I would like to interview with for rotations during the recruitment weekend. It makes everything seem so real. Like, I'm already picking out rotations? (kinda)

Ahh! I see. Yeah I get what you mean then haha.

what program in MSU BMS are you applying to?

Duke asked me to pick 10. I started running out towards the end..

Is your BU invite for the PiBS? Which date did you choose? I wonder if choosing earlier interview dates = better chance of admittance..?

Anyone on here apply to Emory's MMG (Micro/Molecular Genetics) program within GDBBS?

I am starting to get very nervous, with all these other divisions sending out invites, and was wondering if I had any fellow applicants. :P

Anyone on here apply to Emory's MMG (Micro/Molecular Genetics) program within GDBBS?

I am starting to get very nervous, with all these other divisions sending out invites, and was wondering if I had any fellow applicants. :P

Hi Leuco, I have a friend who is also waiting to hear from them. She doesn't have an account so I lurk and keep an out here for her. When she called Emory they said they each subfield does their admissions on their own schedule and didn't how far along micro/molgen was in its application process. They also said that they do a sort of rolling admissions process, so interviews will trickle out over the next month as they get further into the pile or they get negative feedback from the first rounds of interviewees.

Hope this helps and good luck!

-Llama

Hi Leuco, I have a friend who is also waiting to hear from them. She doesn't have an account so I lurk and keep an out here for her. When she called Emory they said they each subfield does their admissions on their own schedule and didn't how far along micro/molgen was in its application process. They also said that they do a sort of rolling admissions process, so interviews will trickle out over the next month as they get further into the pile or they get negative feedback from the first rounds of interviewees.

Hope this helps and good luck!

-Llama

It does! Thanks!!  Good luck to her, as well.

what program in MSU BMS are you applying to?

I applied to physiology. You?

Duke asked me to pick 10. I started running out towards the end..

Is your BU invite for the PiBS? Which date did you choose? I wonder if choosing earlier interview dates = better chance of admittance..?

It is PiBS. I had to choose the Feb date, because I'll be in Austin on Jan 24. I'm going to be flying straight from san diego to boston on feb 9 though though. Glad I'm only taking 2 classes next semester. And I hope my lab mates won't mind taking care of my rats every weekend.

For people who got invites to BU PiBS: When did you submit your applications? I did mine early November, but they didnt add my official GRE scores to my app until very recently, so I'm not sure if my app has been reviewed yet.