NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

In case anyone wasn't aware, Robin Walker, director of the GRFP program, posted on the NSF GRFP LinkedIn profile 5 days ago:

"Notification of awards/honorable mentions is just around the corner. Good luck GRFP applicants!"

That was on....Wednesday of last week. So yeah :D

Corner means weekend, right?

In case anyone wasn't aware, Robin Walker, director of the GRFP program, posted on the NSF GRFP LinkedIn profile 5 days ago:

"Notification of awards/honorable mentions is just around the corner. Good luck GRFP applicants!"

That's some high quality grfp stalking! NICE!

Edited by leappho2012

I'm pretty sure its higher. It applies for grad school apps. And it makes sense that people who are more obssessed get better results.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking (says someone who has been mostly a lurker and has all of 20 posts)

Just from skimming it certainly look like more than the usual 15%

They might just be waiting until their offices close [to post the maintenance message] so they don't have to deal with infinity questions, e.g, "Will I still be notified if awards are posted tonight!?" and such... I just reeealy want this to be over!

You're actually probably spot on.

Retroactively taking off awards from 2013 to use for this year, right, right, right?

Ha ha, actually you're probably partially correct. People may have have fallen out of eligibility since they accepted the awards so they wanted to remove those names from the list, that money probably gets put back in the pool.  =

Ha ha, actually you're probably partially correct. People may have have fallen out of eligibility since they accepted the awards so they wanted to remove those names from the list, that money probably gets put back in the pool.  =

Heheeyyy.... I'll take anything I can get.

How do you know that she is the director of the GRFP program?

Oh man, this was totally on the website when I checked at 1:26 pm CST: "FastLane will be unavailable from 10:00 PM ET Monday March 31st - 2:00 AM ET Tuesday April 1st for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience."  I saw it and immediately gchatted a friend.  And now it's gone!  No one will believe me!  EEP!

They might just be waiting until their offices close [to post the maintenance message] so they don't have to deal with infinity questions, e.g, "Will I still be notified if awards are posted tonight!?" and such... I just reeealy want this to be over!

Further evidence for leappho2012's theory is that last year, the maintenance message appeared at ~8:59 PM EDT (based on the previous forum), just one minute before the Fastlane user support phone line is set to close. 

Further evidence for leappho2012's theory is that last year, the maintenance message appeared at ~8:59 PM EDT (based on the previous forum), just one minute before the Fastlane user support phone line is set to close. 

Ha! I wanted to look up that table someone posted a few pages back to check that, thanks!

I'm foolishly making a doomed but honest effort to prepare some slides for lab meeting tomorrow, so I'm trying to stick to only refreshing every... minute, and not looking back.