NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

If you're using google Chrome there's a free extension called "Auto Refresh Plus" that is really straightforward -- that's what I'm using now, it refreshes so I don't have to, and will put a pop-up and play a sound when a certain word triggers (i.e. I'm using the search term "honorable").

Who is our neurotic page refresher who will let us know exactly when the results are up?

If you're using google Chrome there's a free extension called "Auto Refresh Plus" that is really straightforward -- that's what I'm using now, it refreshes so I don't have to, and will put a pop-up and play a sound when a certain word triggers (i.e. I'm using the search term "honorable").

Too far, bro.

I AM HERE TO CONFIRM THAT THE RESULTS ARE INFACT BEING POSTED TONIGHT. USER LOGINS AND EMAILS HAVE BEEN DELETED FROM THE GRFP SITE, SIMILAR TO PREVIOUS YEARS. ALSO OTHER PARTS OF FASTLANE ARE FUNCTIONAL, JUST NOT THE GRFP AREA. I WILL SEE ALL OF YOU BRAVE SOULS AT 2AM!!!!!!!!! BEST OF LUCK!!!

This is a really stupid question, late to the thread i guess,  but where am I supposed to see the decision?  It should be obvious once I log in, right?  Where it says "final status?"

Edited by tschlich

This is a really stupid question, late to the thread i guess,  but where am I supposed to see the decision?  It should be obvious once I log in, right?  Where it says "final status?"

As this is my first year I can't answer that directly, but I was planning on not even logging in, just searching the results list.

https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/AwardeeList.do?method=loadAwardeeList

Should be populated as soon as they post.

I AM HERE TO CONFIRM THAT THE RESULTS ARE INFACT BEING POSTED TONIGHT. USER LOGINS AND EMAILS HAVE BEEN DELETED FROM THE GRFP SITE, SIMILAR TO PREVIOUS YEARS. ALSO OTHER PARTS OF FASTLANE ARE FUNCTIONAL, JUST NOT THE GRFP AREA. I WILL SEE ALL OF YOU BRAVE SOULS AT 2AM!!!!!!!!! BEST OF LUCK!!!

If you're "downvoting" me, you are no fun  B)

lalala. What are you guys doing to pass the time?

refreshing the demo admin account because 'demo' nsf awardees are being added from different fields.. it probably has nothing to do with anything but it's keeping me occupied with empty speculation.

that and a lab thats not going to make it in on time.... 

Edited by kap09c

Oh, and because I don't want anyone else to neurotically do what I just did...No judging 

Previous release times:

2013 :Friday, March 29, 2013 @ ~2:00AM

2012: Friday, April 1, 2012 @ ~2:00AM

2011: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 @ ~12:50AM

2010: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 @ ~1:00AM

2009: Friday, April 10, 2009 @ ~1:00AM

2008: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 @ ~2:00AM

2007: Monday, March 23. 2007 @ ~11:20 PM

Just reposting this fine user's work to remind everyone we are probably stuck here until 2, based on the last couple of years.

wow! this is like a virtual party. so funny to think of us all 342 of us huddled around our screens. this is a moment of solidarity, fellow scientists. let's cherish it :D

I'm kind of surprised it's only 342, considering that 14,000 applied.  

What if we passed the time by discussing ways to resolve one of the world's problems for the next three hours?  I bet the result would be a phenomenal, feasible solution.

Here's a suggestion, take it or leave it.  I think everyone has probably heard of the gigantic trash islands floating in the middle of the oceans.  I've seen some fairly horrific documentaries of aquatic animals and birds killed by the plastic.

Anyone have any preliminary ideas for an economically feasible/attractive method of solving, or at the very least alleviating this issue?