NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

I don't know if that was their intention-- probably just an artifact of the web design. But still really interesting, and you can check out the officials' version of the site too!

Im starting to think they did this to keep us busy/entertained like the toys doctors keep in their waiting rooms for restless children

You can only apply for the GRFP with less than one year of graduate study. Currently, there is a plan going through that would allow congress to allocate NSF funding instead of the NSF. As it stands, SBE would get a major cut. I'm not sure how this would affect the GRFP.

I thought it was two years of graduate study?

jeu is..kind of..right, you can apply for the last time going into your second year. So, 1 complete (academic) year of grad school.

Edited by jg9286

It's also "early April" now... so it's not like it was a dumb thought.

Lol man don't worry, they were just trolling because we've been sitting here since it went down (roughly 3 hours ago) anxiously awaiting the results post, and basically the last 10 pages or so are filled with anxiety and speculation on the subject.

Edited by rubethecube

You can't have completed the first semester of your second year. There are a few exceptions.

so you can apply 3 times right?

yeah, if you apply the senior year of bachelors..first year grad school..and second year grad school....and that just made my hopes dwindle even more to think I'm up against pros at this point. haha

yeah, if you apply the senior year of bachelors..first year grad school..and second year grad school....and that just made my hopes dwindle even more to think I'm up against pros at this point. haha

Applications are only compared to others of the same class.

Yup, exactly how I feel. I did hear that they judge the different years differently. Not sure if that is true but obviously it would help if I was only up against other graduating seniors. Even then I am not feeling that confident. 

Applications are only compared to others of the same class.

Yeah, which is why my hopes dwindled..because I'm up against experts!  Second year..first time.