NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

So how many people would stick with the research topic in their NSF proposal if they didn't get the fellowship?  Also, how many would consider shifting to something not quite exactly the same if they did get it?

So how many people would stick with the research topic in their NSF proposal if they didn't get the fellowship?  Also, how many would consider shifting to something not quite exactly the same if they did get it?

My research proposal sucked. At least, from the perspective of T-8 minutes.

Umm.  I probably won't do the project I proposed either way.   

So can the site handle all of us looking up the results at the same time?

Also, when are reviews posted?

It's been sluggish in the past but has typically come up before the maintenance period ended, so who knows this year.

Reviews are available immediately

Seeing as I plucked a project from my dissertation proposal, I'll be sticking with mine...

My research proposal also really sucked.  Completely unrealistic, at least with where my field is right now.  It'd be a good project maybe 5-10 years from now.  

Also I didn't get into the school I proposed, and it was pretty tied to my project, so.

I might stick with the same thing. It would be feasible to do with my new graduate school advisor. But I could just as easily see myself doing something completely different, since her research is slightly different than what I wrote in my proposal. I proposed a cross-cultural study using funds from the NSF GROW program to collect data in Japan, so my proposal would really be contingent on me getting access to those funds.

I will be doing the research topic from my proposal. It's on using statistical disclosure limitation techniques on big data. Kind of a daunting task, but should be fun.