NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

Having gone through this last year, I'll go to sleep at a normal hour. Regardless of the outcome, I think it's best to maximize feeling good tomorrow in any way possible. Similarly, for those of you waiting until tomorrow, it's probably a good idea to eat breakfast before reading the result.

Because afterwards you don't feel like eating?   :unsure:

i wish... it seems my 1st, 2nd, 3rd usernames were already taken on fastlane.  Really should have written this down.  Anyone know where I can find it?

All they have on the site that I've seen is the following in the help section:

4.     I lost my username for the GRFP application.  How can I retrieve it?

You can click the Forgot Username link and retrieve your username after you have completed the screen form.  Or contact the FastLane Help Central at 1-800-673-6188 (office hours: Monday-Friday, 7 am - 9 pm EST) or email fastlane@nsf.gov.

For some reason they deleted the Forgot Username link, but I changed the URL from the password one to give the following (which works):

https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/GRFPForgotUsername.do?method=loadForgotUsernamePage&type=fellow

For some reason they deleted the Forgot Username link

Probably because in past years some users have used a "trick" to see their results early by "forgetting" their usernames.  Don't ask me how it worked, though.  I don't know.

Anybody obsessive enough to figure out if gradcafe users have a higher or lower awarding rate based off previous years results?

What if at one point all applicants have at least visited gradcafe "once"?  ... and only the ones who actually did good posted 

....hence "publication bias" O_O

What if at one point all applicants have at least visited gradcafe "once"?  ... and only the ones who actually did good posted 

....hence "publication bias" O_O

I doubt that I will post if I am turned down - I don't really like to spread bad news. BUT if I get the award, I'll want everyone and their cat to know. So I am sure there is a bias.

All they have on the site that I've seen is the following in the help section:

4.     I lost my username for the GRFP application.  How can I retrieve it?

You can click the Forgot Username link and retrieve your username after you have completed the screen form.  Or contact the FastLane Help Central at 1-800-673-6188 (office hours: Monday-Friday, 7 am - 9 pm EST) or email fastlane@nsf.gov.

For some reason they deleted the Forgot Username link, but I changed the URL from the password one to give the following (which works):

https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/GRFPForgotUsername.do?method=loadForgotUsernamePage&type=fellow

Thanks, you rock.