NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

Mkay. Distraction game.

1. What are you currently doing?

2. What did you do this weekend?

3. What would you do if you won the GRF?

1) Anxiously procrastinating here instead of patching neurons.  (I just finished a mouse surgery).  

2) Went out dancing and drinking Saturday night.  Then had brunch with friends and went to lab Sunday.

3) Champagne and grad school extravagance until my miserliness catches back up with my elation.  

Mkay. Distraction game.

1. In class.

2. Data analysis in prep for next week's conference.

3. Pay off all of my undergrad loans!!!!

Monochrome Spring, on 31 Mar 2014 - 3:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Mkay. Distraction game.

1. Studying

2. Debauchery, brunch, writing, reading, studying

3. Scream and do a massive happy dance, email advisor/family/friends, return to studying, buy expensive meals and booze, avoid TAing, afford being a bridesmaid in my best friends' weddings, get research shit done!

Mkay. Distraction game.

1. Having heart palpatations

2. Tried to get the cat to play with me. Failed miserably every time.

3. Stop obsessively checking GradCafe and FastLane

Mkay. Distraction game.

1. Waiting for PCR to finish and playing Grad cafe forum game.

2. Finished writing my dissertation proposal for spring preliminary exam.

3. I might literally shit myself.  

Someone with a lot of time on their hands be a good detective and see if this vanishing maintenance post has occurred on the day of for prior years...

Didn't see anything going back to 2009-2010.

The 2010-2011 Thread reads a bit like this one:

"They'd probably send us all an email as an April Fool's joke pretending we got it, then state the REAL date ... ugh."

Anyone have a guess as to why the message is no longer there? Maybe we should reel in our expectations about the results being released tonight. It seems like NSF wanted to post it there just for a second, just to see how it feels. Tease. 

They might just be waiting until their offices close [to post the maintenance message] so they don't have to deal with infinity questions, e.g, "Will I still be notified if awards are posted tonight!?" and such... I just reeealy want this to be over!

Edited by leappho2012

Mkay. Distraction game.

Longtime reader, first time poster.  Only signed up so I could comment on this thread.

1.  Trying to concentrate on labwork (and failing.)

2.  Went to an aquarium and attempted to befriend an octopus.

3.  Cry with relief.

You know what would be funny?  Once we get the emails and our results, we should edit all our posts so that future applicants think we got our results much, much later (like, early May).  I know, that would be cruel but amusing if we could pull it off :P

You know what would be funny?  Once we get the emails and our results, we should edit all our posts so that future applicants think we got our results much, much later (like, early May).  I know, that would be cruel but amusing if we could pull it off :P

It would be even more cruel if we edited them so that they thought we got it much earlier, like March 15th haha

Anybody obsessive enough to figure out if gradcafe users have a higher or lower awarding rate based off previous years results?

I'm pretty sure its higher. It applies for grad school apps. And it makes sense that people who are more obssessed get better results.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking (says someone who has been mostly a lurker and has all of 20 posts)

They might just be waiting until their offices close [to post the maintenance message] so they don't have to deal with infinity questions, e.g, "Will I still be notified if awards are posted tonight!?" and such... I just reeealy want this to be over!

But why did the 2013 results reappear? Was that significant?

But why did the 2013 results reappear? Was that significant?

Website glitch that they fixed probably, not significant at all unless they were editing some names off of the list. 

In case anyone wasn't aware, Robin Walker, director of the GRFP program, posted on the NSF GRFP LinkedIn profile 5 days ago:

"Notification of awards/honorable mentions is just around the corner. Good luck GRFP applicants!"

That was on....Wednesday of last week. So yeah :D