NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

Congrats to all the winners!!

G/F
G/F

F/F

Lots of remarks about my grades making me noncompetitive and that the application needed further development (which is super true). Did say that my LORs were very strong.

Will try again next year!

(why the f*** did I get downvoted for this?)

Edited by unbrokenthread

E/E

VG/G

I see there was no "tie-breaking" reviewer this year. One had nothing to say but great things about my application (both "excellent") and reccomended me for the fellowship while the other was extremely negative, cited a formatting error (but never elaborated), among other things, and gave "very good/good" ratings. Not even honorable mention. There must have been a lot of great applicants, congrats to the winners.

Edited by Faraday

Honorable Mention 

E/E  E/E  G/VG

Last reviewer didn't try to understand my project at all! Oh well, I'm satisfied with my honorable mention. Didn't get anything last year, so this a a step up. One more year to perfect my application package and nail it.

Congrats to all other HM's and awardees!

Not recommended. VG/G, E/VG, G/F. I'm a senior in undergrad and I have a little research experience, but not a ton which made writing my proposal difficult. I did my best but it was a longshot. Oh well, the program I'm heading to in the fall is fully funded anyways. Congrats to all who were offered awards!

VG/VG VG/VG VG/VG

Not recommended

Reviewers seemed to take issue withe my lack of publications. I graduated undergrad less than a year ago and I'm not currently in grad school, so this hasn't really been feasible yet. Reviewers seem to think I'll be competitive in future cycles, once I have publications. There were also some comments about my broader impacts not being strong enough. Overall, pretty constructive reviews, although one reviewer said I was duplicating my advisors work (my advisors don't even do the research I'm doing, so I'm not sure how this is the case).