2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

Yeah they said most likely, but don't know the source of it yet.

Congrats! It is a wonderful feeling to be able to plan for the Fall!

Edited by Crazy454

Thank you for your suggestions about GRE subject.

It is not a hard task to get best score in GRE physics, Fundamentals of Physics written by Haliday is strongly recommended and covers most of the topics.

I plan to take this exam, if I wont succeed this year.

I've just heard from a student that my POI at University of Houston is looking for financial support for me. anixous :unsure: ...

---

It seems two students have just admitted for PhD in atmospheric science at UMD. Congratulations!

Edited by Souri_RS

Got my official rejection from Scripps last night.  So glad that email wasn't the first one I got cause it would have crushed me.  Fairly cold.

Edited by CC2014

Does anyone know how rolling basis admission works? I applied for Texas A&M University in Dec. but I have not heard anything back yet. The coordinator just told me that they are reviewing the applications based on rolling basis an it may take till 31 may. Also, has anyone heard from them recently?

Does anyone know how rolling basis admission works? I applied for Texas A&M University in Dec. but I have not heard anything back yet. The coordinator just told me that they are reviewing the applications based on rolling basis an it may take till 31 may. Also, has anyone heard from them recently?

Basically they wait to see who accepts out of their first round of admits and reevaluate at that point.  Because the first round of admits has until April 15 you can conceivably get an offer after that.  I don't know anyone who applied for their geology department, but my notification came from Atmo in February.  I visited with a group in early March and they are currently making their decisions.  Out of the 12 of us, 3 (including me) have accepted and another couple have rejected their offers.  Thats just an example of how long the rolling decisions are happening.  I assume those spots who were going to someone who rejected the offer will then be offered to someone else.

Just got an email from Colorado state that my application is complete and ready for review....not sure why that took so long I submitted my application way before the deadline. Guess i've got to wait now for the faculty to review my application...

Hey awesome: just got the same email. Sounds like we are low(ish) on the list but I'll take a hope. I would love to live and study in the area. I awaiting their decision to make my own.

To those accepted to CSU, did you get word through email or post?

For what it's worth, I received an acceptance email from the CSU graduate school last night.

"Your official Notice of Graduate Admission (GS2A form) will be mailed to you directly and will list any conditions for admission, if applicable. If you require additional information, please contact the academic department in which you intend to study."

For what it's worth, I received an acceptance email from the CSU graduate school last night.

"Your official Notice of Graduate Admission (GS2A form) will be mailed to you directly and will list any conditions for admission, if applicable. If you require additional information, please contact the academic department in which you intend to study."

cold.

Has anyone heard back from Oklahoma State and Texas A&M? It's getting late. it seems they made decision on first round of offers. does not it? Thanks in advance for sharing an update.

Mines is sure taking its time. A lot of people are confused about the stage 2 thing, not just in earth sciences, everyone is waiting. :/

I know someone that was accepted to mines that was asked to make their decision yesterday. Perhaps there will be another round of offers shortly after they figure out who is accepting elsewhere?

I know someone that was accepted to mines that was asked to make their decision yesterday. Perhaps there will be another round of offers shortly after they figure out who is accepting elsewhere?

Yeah, there were a bunch of rejections and acceptances about 2 weeks ago. This is probably the invisible wait list.

Hi, I have a kind inquiry that why would you apply to South Dakota School of Mines and Technology? I mean there is even no ranking of its geology program in USNEWS. And I think the faculty and courses are very limited there.