Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2014--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Yeah, I called them today as well. They said I was still in committee. I'm now resisting the urge to call and say, "is it out of committee yet? How about now? How about *now*?"...

Haha same! Just got the official rejection now. I start to wonder if I never contacted these places, would they even have bothered to send a rejection? Or should I just assume the worst LOL?

Haha same! Just got the official rejection now. I start to wonder if I never contacted these places, would they even have bothered to send a rejection? Or should I just assume the worst LOL?

...and same. Just got the rejection letter. I'm not so bummed about it, though; I knew the fit was shaky, and that my prof got in my app late, so the no doesn't sting. Much.

I got an e-mail from CU Boulder! Accepted!

Earlier today, I got a very encouraging e-mail from a Boulder professor who's overseeing some of the graduate curriculum of the new college. He got my hopes up and I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

Edit: I went ahead and posted my result to the survey and suddenly the GRE fields were QVW instead of VQW like I'd been reading for weeks... gah! Screwed it up! Re-submitted, hopefully my marking the earlier post as spam will get the job done... :x

Just got waitlisted at CU-Boulder! Not an outright rejection, at least. :)

Congrats guys! I haven't been to the forum in a few days and there's been so much news!

Shot down by UCSB.

Oh, well. All that sunshine and fresh mountain air can't be good for you, anyhow. 

Well it's REALLY expensive to live in Santa Barbara, if that's any consolation.

The NYU interview was me. I'm a bit of a strange applicant: my advisor was poached by MCC last year, and so if I wanted to continue working with him, I had to apply and see what would happen. 

Ohhh I see. My friend was also in the same position this year since his advisor moved to NYU MCC in the Fall. That would be so frustrating to lose your advisor in the middle of your work. Good luck!! I am sure you will be able to move.  :)

Ohhh I see. My friend was also in the same position this year since his advisor moved to NYU MCC in the Fall. That would be so frustrating to lose your advisor in the middle of your work. Good luck!! I am sure you will be able to move.  :)

thanks! we'll see how it goes!

Well everyone, it's Sunday night, and I just want to let you all know that this week is a new week, and I am thrilled! (This could be that I am ecstatic after binge watching House of Cards all weekend) but anyway, I'm hopeful! I hope the best for all of you!

I emailed the Graduate Coordinator for UT RTF a couple days ago to touch base and was told decisions will be available by the end of February.

Keep in mind UT closed a couple days this month because of ice and snow.

Hello,

Did you hear any information from the RTF major of UT-Austin? I noticed that you have already rejected?! (From your signature) 

This forum is a real downer today, guys.  (Thanks, USC.) Somebody get good news now!

BTW, anybody heard from Texas-Austin yet?  Radio-Television-Film?

Do you apply for Ph.D or MA in media studies? Thanks! 

coolboymike, I checked the site last week and saw my status had changed to "denied." If yours hasn't changed yet, keep an eye on it-- decisions appear to be rolling out. Oh, and I applied to the Media Studies Ph.D. program. Good luck to you!

How did Pitt inform you?

He was emailed. I didn't see it, but he said it sounded like they have made a lot of decisions with just a few slots left. I haven't heard either way yet though, so fingers crossed for the rest of us still!

Edited by Kaitlyn721

My SO was also denied from Austin, and he was just waitlisted at Pitt

He was emailed. I didn't see it, but he said it sounded like they have made a lot of decisions with just a few slots left. I haven't heard either way yet though, so fingers crossed for the rest of us still!

I'm sure users of this site would appreciate that info being added to the results page.

Well everyone, it's Sunday night, and I just want to let you all know that this week is a new week, and I am thrilled! (This could be that I am ecstatic after binge watching House of Cards all weekend) but anyway, I'm hopeful! I hope the best for all of you!

I wish Frank Underwood could pull some strings for me at a few schools, though I don't think I could pay him back in any meaningful way.

Anybody hear anything out of Wisconsin-Madison, Media and Culture? I see a few interviews/rejections on the Results page, but I haven't heard anything. No news is good news, I guess.