SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2014-2015

Konstantin

Now that we have seen all the MA students around us get their SSHRCs, how does everyone feel? 

And now we get to witness all other Tri-Council applicants post about their awards! I think CIHR is next.

Graduate director at my school says he has no idea when SSHRC will release results. In fact, he says I'll probably find out first, and he asked me to let him know!

I had very conveniently forgotten about worrying for SSHRC results until a few of my MA friends heard about their CGS-M. I resent them for this.

An award announcement made on April 1st at my school indicates that the competition results will be released by surface mail at the end of April. I assume this was not an April Fools joke!

An award announcement made on April 1st at my school indicates that the competition results will be released by surface mail at the end of April. I assume this was not an April Fools joke!

Someone here emailed SSHRC and they said to expect results in mid to late April.

Someone here emailed SSHRC and they said to expect results in mid to late April.

That's right -- I was just pointing out that the results will be released via regular mail, not electronically.

That's right -- I was just pointing out that the results will be released via regular mail, not electronically.

Ah, I thought your school had announced "end of April" as though that's definite and you were letting us know... at least the SSHRC email gives us hope for an earlier release :)

I think my school has no idea when the results will be out, judging by its erroneous media release mid-March claiming that the NSERC applicants would be receiving their results by mail at the end of April, whereas they have already received their results in March electronically.

I spoke to our Graduate Secretary and our PhD director last week and they both told me they had no idea when PhD SSHRC will be announced. For some reason, I keep reassuring myself that results will be out by April 17th. We're almost there folks.

I spoke to our Graduate Secretary and our PhD director last week and they both told me they had no idea when PhD SSHRC will be announced. For some reason, I keep reassuring myself that results will be out by April 17th. We're almost there folks.

I would love that. I have this fear of seeing the envelope in my mailbox the day of my comprehensive exam (29th), then agonizing over whether to open it before I go in or not -- open it and risk bad news killing my confidence before a 2 hour oral exam, or not open it and be just as distracted by the thought of my unopened SSHRC envelope. Heh.

That sounds awful, Safferz. We'll likely hear before then. If they keep saying mid-April to end of April, then I assume they're giving safe estimates and people should start seeing letters by the third to fourth week of this month. Last year, folks started hearing on Friday April 26.

Edited by Diakonos

I had a dream last night that SSHRC tweeted it would be mailing out results this Wednesday.  I actually checked the twitter page first thing this morning to confirm that the dream was not, in fact, prophetic.  Oh wells.

I had a dream last night that SSHRC tweeted it would be mailing out results this Wednesday.  I actually checked the twitter page first thing this morning to confirm that the dream was not, in fact, prophetic.  Oh wells.

Heh, these dreams are pretty common in April. Speaking of dreams: I had a dream the other night that I was awarded a SSHRC, and then a zombie apocalypse broke out. I was very disappointed that I received the award and couldn't take it up anywhere since there were no functioning universities left!

The anticipation is KILLING ME. I'm more anxious about SSHRC results than I am about comps, or anything else at the moment.

GAH! I know! My department's OGS app was due last week and as I sat with the stupid online application trying to format scanned copies of transcripts it KILLED ME to think that I may actually be totally ineligible from holding that award anyway... SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS whether or not that effort was moot and I am driven to distraction in the meantime!

I talked to my departmental chair today to check in about the sshrc. He thought I was approaching him to give him "good news". There is no way they will know before us. He was surprised that I told them they emailed me and indicated mid-to-late April. His words were: "I figured any day now!" Sheeesh. 

On another note, do you think sshrc staff read this blog?

Edited by crimsoc

I know several former colleagues who have gone on to work at SSHRC in various positions, they most definitely are aware of this particular forum. I would imagine some do, and some don't.

I don't think SSHRC staff actively gleans information from this forum, I'm sure they have more important things to do, such as waiting for an entire month after the applications have been reviewed to release the results.

No, these are past winners (Nov 2012 competition):

www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/results-resultats/2013/CGS_Bombardier_2012_EF.pdf

Edit: you actually have to copy and paste the link into your browser, since clicking it doesn't work.

Edited by Konstantin

I'm so grateful for this thread. I too am practically hallucinating because of the stress of waiting for results! I also saw the U Calgary announcements and was confused (freaked out). The last time I was so anxious was when I was waiting to find out if I got into my PhD program last winter/spring!