SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2014-2015

Konstantin

AHHHHH! I hope so :)

If anyone wants to read into this -- I emailed SSHRC last week to change my address (to my parents' address in Toronto) since I'll be away for the summer as of April 29th, and I was concerned I may miss my letter if they're mailed out at the end of April and it takes a while to get to the US. They responded to let me know that the address in my file will be updated ON April 28th, which I thought was a bit strange because I mentioned my reason for the change of address and assumed they would change it immediately. But now that I think about it, perhaps that's because they know the letters will be out early enough that my April 29th move will not be an issue for receiving the letter. Maybe? I'm reaching here  :P

We'll all just guessing but why not!!! I got 10 that they make an announcement by Wednesday. Who's with me?!!!

I'm sticking to the "end of April," but of course aiming for an earlier date!

Edit: crimsoc, it will definitely be my regular mail. From SSHRC website: "Competition results are not provided by telephone or email."

Edited by Konstantin

I am lol... I've being checking their twitter feeds for any updates every now and then. It's hard for me to take my mind off this especially given that CIHR was released today.

I am lol... I've being checking their twitter feeds for any updates every now and then. It's hard for me to take my mind off this especially given that CIHR was released today.

Were CIHR notified via letter mail or online?

Nope! I got the notification and started following them after. I'm not particularly twitter saavy, but I am searchable by the name I used on my application. I don't want to get my hopes up but that was kind of exciting. And maybe slightly creepy.

Nope! I got the notification and started following them after. I'm not particularly twitter saavy, but I am searchable by the name I used on my application. I don't want to get my hopes up but that was kind of exciting. And maybe slightly creepy.

Bizarre! Yeah, I'd be tempted to take that as a good sign too.

Even if it is a good sign, it's still a very strange thing for them to do. But then, y'know, they're SSHRC. 

Well. I heard back again from the grad chair. He notes there is a 'rumour' that the awards will now be released at the end of the month. I dont know what the hell to believe anymore. 

Well. I heard back again from the grad chair. He notes there is a 'rumour' that the awards will now be released at the end of the month. I dont know what the hell to believe anymore. 

Hasn't SSHRC been saying all along that it would be the end of April?

i had totally forgot about my application until a colleague of mine asked me this week if I had heard anything yet... Just the thought of a letter from SSHRC makes me feel queasy. 

Sooooooooooo. I received an email from my university today containing an announcement that "PhD students who applied for a Tri-Council award have been notified by mail if they have won an award." 

Considering that SSHRC's Twitter account has been silent about the competition results, maybe the announcement refers to CIHR and NSERC competiitons only? What should we make of this? 

Full text of the media release:

http://gradstudents.carleton.ca/newsletter/2014/april-16/