SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2014-2015

Konstantin

So is there a general consensus about asking our department administrators about results (when SSHRC announces they have been mailed)?

Do all have access to the information, but only some willing to disclose? Is it hit or miss? 

Anything to pass the time...

I have hounded everyone in my departments. They all say that students find out before they do. You can still bug yours if you are looking for something to pass the time, but it won't make the results be mailed out any sooner unfortunately.

So is there a general consensus about asking our department administrators about results (when SSHRC announces they have been mailed)?

Do all have access to the information, but only some willing to disclose? Is it hit or miss? 

I think I'm going to e-mail the scholarship & awards assistant for SGS once letters have been sent.  I doubt she'll give out results early, but she'll at least be able to tell me whether I can expect to receive an e-mail announcement at some point. 

I think I'm going to e-mail the scholarship & awards assistant for SGS once letters have been sent.  I doubt she'll give out results early, but she'll at least be able to tell me whether I can expect to receive an e-mail announcement at some point. 

you might have best luck here: fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca

None of the staff in my dept. claim to know the competition results, including grad administrator, chair of grad studies, and ex-chair of grad studies! In fact they keep asking me if I received any news from SSHRC! haha. I probably won't ask them anymore, just going to wait for the letter.

I sent an email to the department assistant this morning and she confirmed that we will know before they will if we have received an award.

I also just returned from getting my mail, and there's nothing there of course. Wishful thinking. Mail comes at 10:30 every morning here, so I guess I can go do something productive for the next 22.5 hours.

So I searched SSHRC's Twitter feed and here is what I found: SSHRC tweeted the announcement that Doctoral results have been mailed out:

at 10:58am on Thursday April 21, 2011; 

at 10:02am on Friday, April 27, 2012; and

at 12:43pm on Friday, April 26, 2013.

This means that SSHRC likes to release the results late in the week. Maybe this year will be different?

Konstantin, did those announcements say that they were mailed the day of the tweet? Someone mentioned they sometimes tweet after the fact. I want to believe they mailed them out before the long weekend lol

Konstantin, did those announcements say that they were mailed the day of the tweet? Someone mentioned they sometimes tweet after the fact. I want to believe they mailed them out before the long weekend lol

No, the tweets just say that "Doctoral results have now been mailed." The long weekend in Canada has already passed, so this week has to be the week.

Hi All,

I know a few people that have received e-mails from SSHRC today saying that they have either been "Accepted" or "Recommended but not Funded" (waitlisted).

Hope that helps.....

Hi All,

I know a few people that have received e-mails from SSHRC today saying that they have either been "Accepted" or "Recommended but not Funded" (waitlisted).

Hope that helps.....

Really??...

And this was for the fellowships and CGS? I suspect this might be for the MA apps that were waitlisted.. After all, it's been over 21 days since the first round of MA SSHRCs have gone out...

Edited by crimsoc

Hi All,

Hope that helps.....

Are you sure the email were sent to doctoral applicants? I know that waitlisted Master's applicants have been receiving emails for the last few days from SSHRC offering them an award...

EDIT: Now I see that you're an NSERC Master's applicant (and the process is completely different from SSHRC Doctoral awards).

Edited by Konstantin

I just received info from my department that I was awarded the CGS Doctoral Award by e-mail... Turns out that the department was notified recently and decided to pass along the info. I had to read the e-mail about four times because I was convinced that it was going to come in the form of a letter.