International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

For me, if not IHEID, I will take the double master between Warwick University and Konstanz University. First year in UK, second year in Germany, which maybe is a good thing since I always want to improve my English and German.  :)

ooo sounds nice! :) You didnt apply to Scpo then?

If not IHEID, whats you next choice?

In my case my second choice is the MPP at Hertie, followed by ScPo and Uv Amsterdam. I'm fairly sure I'll accept IHEID if I'm admitted, but giving up Hertie will certainly hurt - I like the curriculum, the class sizes are small, industry connections are fantastic and reviews are great, plus I absolutely love Berlin :). Uv Amsterdam is the only one of my top 4 that I can afford without a scholarship or loan, however, so it's by no means out of the running.

For me, if not IHEID, I will take the double master between Warwick University and Konstanz University. First year in UK, second year in Germany, which maybe is a good thing since I always want to improve my English and German.  :)

Konstanz is beautiful! Absolutely stunning place, great medieval towns and inspiring scenery. Not to mention one of the biggest flea markets in Europe covering a distance of about 2.5 km and extending into Switzerland.

In my case my second choice is the MPP at Hertie, followed by ScPo and Uv Amsterdam. I'm fairly sure I'll accept IHEID if I'm admitted, but giving up Hertie will certainly hurt - I like the curriculum, the class sizes are small, industry connections are fantastic and reviews are great, plus I absolutely love Berlin :). Uv Amsterdam is the only one of my top 4 that I can afford without a scholarship or loan, however, so it's by no means out of the running.

Konstanz is beautiful! Absolutely stunning place, great medieval towns and inspiring scenery. Not to mention one of the biggest flea markets in Europe covering a distance of about 2.5 km and extending into Switzerland.

Mych, thanks so much for the information!!! That's a lot to expect.  :) I've travelled some German cities, such as Berlin, Hamburg, Bremen, Heidelberg, Munich but not Konstanz. The same with you, I'm a super Berlin fan!! I've thought about many times to study in Berlin, but gave up to apply in the end, a big pity. 

Wether we are admitted or not, we, the first-round-people should open a business teaching and guiding perspective students on the whole IHEID application process.

Cuz we have been through the freaking whole period/process over the last four months. I applied on the 9th of Nov, 2013. Today is 12th Mar, 2014. 

We can provide consoling service to ease the anxiety during waiting period, technical support on personal statement and scholarship statement writing and communicating with IHEID (or with Paola).

Who wants to invest in my new business?   

I applied Oct 26 first application I submitted! And here we are still waiting... I def am in!

We can make the big bucks with the 2015 entering class! One thing though I don't want to be in charge of the moral support department of our new venture I'm not good at cheering people up. I will most likely tell them they are doomed like I was lol

Okay so I just emailed IHEID and Ms Eicher just got back to me with this. I think it might be very well be a glitch. She said the following.

"Dear Angel,

Thank you for your message.

You will receive tomorrow morning the decisions on both admission and scholarship.

Please, be patient,

Best regards,

Paola Eicher"

So well there might just be home and silver linings and all. Sigh. Relieved. Happy.

Wow. Tomorrow it is then! good luck!

Wow. Tomorrow it is then! good luck!

Thank you and same to you :) 

i other news, i got my first rejection today. hope this balances out with better news tomorrow :(

Awww! A hug from me to you! Hope it wasnt among your top choice and yes tomorrow will be awesome. :)

Aww, I am sorry :(. Whiskey & a good night's sleep will make you feel slightly a bit better. I am sure tomorrow will be a great day!

i other news, i got my first rejection today. hope this balances out with better news tomorrow :(

Hi Everyone,

I just stumbled upon this forum. I applied for the MA in International Economics and I have yet to hear back. Is there anyone here that has applied to it or knows if there is a thread somewhere for that program?

Thanks everyone- and good luck!

Hello PSK, welcome :).

Well, I almost applied to the same program but I opted not to. I think SciencePo is more of a rolling basis type of thing - the earlier you apply the better. I applied in the end of January and I am still waiting to hear back from them & UCL.

Yourself?

Hi Everyone,

I just stumbled upon this forum. I applied for the MA in International Economics and I have yet to hear back. Is there anyone here that has applied to it or knows if there is a thread somewhere for that program?

Thanks everyone- and good luck!

Same boat here. I got an email last week that we should hear about our applications on the 14th. It seems to me that the Econ people are heavily underrepresented on these forums. All I see  are people applying to either the MDev or MIA.

Edited by Grec1

Same boat here. I got an email last week that we should hear about our applications on the 14th. It seems to me that the Econ people are heavily underrepresented on these forums. All I see  are people applying to either the MDev or MIA.

I applied for the MA International Law program (MIL? Not sure how to shorten it). I've really only seen MDev applicants around. :S I'm still under consideration.

Edited by CarefreeWritingsontheWall

congratulations to those admitted again. 

I sincerely hope that first round people will get their results tomorrow. Angie, I am sure the scholarship thing is just technical problem. 

No matter what news tomorrow brings, once again THANK YOU very much for every single one of you who has accompanied me all these 4 months. 

Best of Luck. 

Mucha suerte Todas y Todos. 

Guest Chiper91

Hey everyone. I applied for the M.A in International Economics at IHEID. Looking forward to tomorrow's news. Unfortunately I am almost certain that I am going to get rejected. Poor math background, no publications and low GRE scores.....Nevertheless, good luck to everyone!

Are you guys so sure we will all find out our fates tomorrow?

Knowing my luck, I feel like tomorrow will still be another "under consideration" day...

ha! I feel the same way, but I'm trying to remain optimistic! Edited by Bluebird86

LOL let me be quiet and not jinx us! If we believe hard enough we will get our decisions tomorrow then we will!

Fingers crossed! I'm just so tired of waiting I just want to know alreadyyyyh!

Good luck everyone!

So well I checked my online application follow up status and well what do you know!

ACCEPTED MDev :)

Unfortunately no scholarship and it remains refused as yesterday which means it wasn't a technical fault. Nevertheless thanks for the support you guys!

Guess I am the first one to know from the deferred applicants. Haha irony! Though I haven't received an official email yet!

As for everyone else waiting I hope you guys get through with full scholarship!

Loads of wishes :)

Edited by k_angie

So well I checked my online application follow up status and well what do you know!

Unfortunately no scholarship and it remains refused as yesterday which means it wasn't a technical fault. Nevertheless thanks for the support you guys!

Guess I am the first one to know from the deferred applicants. Haha irony! Though I haven't received an official email yet!

Congrats!!!!

Finally some good news for us first-rounders - Congratulations!!!!! What a great selection of schools you have to choose from!

I especially like the part in your signature where it says "Rejections - None :D" lol

Congrats!!!!