International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

I'm sorry but when did they mention that the status page is binding and not the e-mail ? I don't remember them saying this :S

As per the post k_angie found on the other forum...sincerely hope that's not the case once they get back to us, though!

I believe Angie was referring to the current last post (#19) this thread:

I thought I was gonna pop champagnes tonight, but seems like I will confine myself to my room with my jar of whiskey, once this is all sorted out

Thank you for that, it made me smile. I needed that with this confusion. I heard something similar happening to what was it Yale or one of the other Ivy Leagues --a few months ago. Wow what a mess. It's 2:45am here in California and now I'm waiting patiently --again to see what was correct or not.

I have applied for the scholarship. It's impossible for me to attend the school without funding. Ugh. This is excruciating. Bit at least there are a few of us in this situation. I don't know whether i should be relieved or just resign myself to a rejection. This is the only school I applied to since they offer scholarships which cover living costs.

I believe Angie was referring to the current last post (#19) this thread:

yes Mych i was referring to the 19th post. Though i think its not the case cuz IHEID is giving diff answers to everyone whose calling. I just think that we should all just wait until they have sorted this mess of theirs and before speculating anymore let them get back to us!  

Edited by k_angie

Same here....... I cant believe it. MORE WAITING IS COMING..........

Did you apply to their scholarship?

Have you applied for the scholarship as well?

Paola Eicher Dear Adam, we are still processing the applications. The majority will receive responses today but as we have received numerous scholarship applications we have to study them thoroughly, which will mean that we will need some more days to send out all the decisions. But be reassured, everyone will receive a message to say whether they are admitted or not next week. Fingers crossed to all of you, Paola Eicher

I dont know if I read too much between the lines. but I think logically her response is flawed. 

First, she said they needed more time because there were numerous scholarship applications. Therefore, they needed more time to send out all decisions. It makes sense and it sounds to me like they are processing scholarships decision rather than an ADMITTANCE decision. 

However, the second part said , everyone will receive a message to say whether they are admitted or not next week. If considered for the scholarship, does it not mean the applicant was already admitted?????

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

it says "refused" but i believe the email i binding. im done with being anxious. its unlikely they send another message retriveing their admission. its more likely they change the  status on the portal.

I think you are right, i really don't think they could go back on this email, knowing it's biding and personalized. I fear it's not the best sign for me but i am really happy for all of u

yes Mych i was referring to the 19th post. Though i think its not the case cuz IHEID is giving diff answers to everyone whose calling. I just think that we should all just wait until they have sorted this mess of theirs and before speculating anymore let them get back to us!

I totally agree. The more we think about this, crazier we become !

To those who received an acceptance e-mail, who was the e-mail sent by (Name and e-mail address)?

For me it was "Laurent Neury, PhD

Academic Adviser

Direction of Studies" 

the email is the admission email. 

Haha. I think gradcafe needs to come up with an instant chat option. This thread is more active than a whatsapp group today. But, IHEID has gotten me in the habit of pressing 'F5/ Refresh' already LOL