International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

I havent. I did check status of my application, it doesnt say anything, Oh Boi!!! its killing... Its already 5.02 in Geneva which means they are done for a day.. Drop me ur number or facebook link so we can connect 

Edited by Curious_Grad

hello there, I also receive the same email from IHEID and I apply for the Dev Studies program. If you find out any info about this, please share! 

I mean using common sense and previous experience, only admitted students get the housing information and link for accommodation. So I hope THIS email is a good indicator!!!

Nice to see people back on this board!

I too have received that email about housing. My guess is they have sent it to all deferred students and students still being considered so as not to penalize us. I doubt it's an indication of their admission decisions. Or maybe I'm being pessimistic?

I havent. I did check status of my application, it doesnt say anything, Oh Boi!!! its killing... Its already 5.02 in Geneva which means they are done for a day.. Drop me ur number or facebook link so we can connect

Sure! I just have to figure out how to do a PM lol

Nice to see people back on this board!

I too have received that email about housing. My guess is they have sent it to all deferred students and students still being considered so as not to penalize us. I doubt it's an indication of their admission decisions. Or maybe I'm being pessimistic?

I do see on their website that it says 23 January they will send admitted students the link. I guess until we receive an official acceptance, we will not know. Have you emailed/called them? I wouldn't want to bombard them with emails/calls if someone else has already done so.

hahaha
the housing email got us back to this forum again. 

I agree with alchyna. I dont think it means anything.  But deep inside me I really hope that it is a good indicator though.........

If we can find out some deferred students who did not receive this email, then we can start the party right away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha

I agree with alchyna. I dont think it means anything.  But deep inside me I really hope that it is a good indicator though.........

If we can find out some deferred students who did not receive this email, then we can start the party right away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not deferred. I applied for January Deadline !!

hahaha

I know right Mickun? I was wondering the same thing is there anyone who didn't receive it???! Now that would be interesting to know!

I just think that their jan 23 deadline if it only applied to the few already admitted students would give them an unfair advantage for housing over the rest of us who have to wait till March for a decision. It's only fair they release the links to everyone still in play for a spot at admission... but then again doesn't that mean way more housing applications than beds availaible? Hmmm ok I need to stop overthinking this!

Thanks for the information Curious_Grad.

If those who applied for the January deadline also received the email, I dun think the email means anything at all. 

How could the admission committee process the applications of Janauary deadline and make offers within one week??

We need to find some applicants who did not receive this email. 

yeah my rec letter just got in like yesterday, so I am not so optimistic about this. but think about it, wouldn't it too bothersome to process all the requests of people who might not get in?

Thanks for the information Curious_Grad.

If those who applied for the January deadline also received the email, I dun think the email means anything at all. 

How could the admission committee process the applications of Janauary deadline and make offers within one week??

We need to find some applicants who did not receive this email.

True. I submitted my application on 12th of Jan. I am not sure if they received few applicants for their interdisciplinary  program, MIA.. It seems everyone who are using this forum applied for MDev Studies program 

hey 

Go to IHEID facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/graduateinstitute

Paola Eicher Dear Ashley, we have sent this link to all candidates. Should you wish to apply for housing, you can do so and obviously we will consider your application only once the admission decision is out. Best Paola Eicher

I guess we have our answer.... great thank you Mickun for squashing my admission hopes ha ha!

Hahaha!

Hey you guys!

Alchyna is so right. IHEID is like buzzer which shakes us all in one go!

Anyway so the thing on the whole admitted students jazz is, well these are students who were admitted during the Dec deadline. I got worked up myself but then I snooped around and found that out. (FB link, which mickun88 posted) So nope nothing new on the application statuses but as mickun88 mentions,March is the end game!

Good luck to each and everyone :)

Edited by k_angie

Hahaha!

Hey you guys!

Alchyna is so right. IHEID is like buzzer which shakes us all in one go!

Anyway so the thing on the whole admitted students jazz is, well these are students who were admitted during the Dec deadline. I got worked up myself but then I snooped around and found that out. (FB link, which mickun88 posted) So nope nothing new on the application statuses but as mickun88 mentions,March is the end game!

Good luck to each and everyone :)

Where did you see that the "admitted" status only applies to those accepted under the December deadline?

hahah  hey guys 

They have changed Admitted Students to Applicants. I am sure they must have at least received two millions emails asking the same question.  

http://graduateinstitute.ch/home/admissions/application/application-for-accommodation.html

LOL - they must have received a lot of emails! Did anyone actually get a hold of anyone and receive a direct response?

Hello everyone!

I've just spent a whole hour or so reading 15 pages of excellent information, feedback (and hyperventilation -  totally understand this phase of the excruciating wait!!) To all those who've got accepted in SOAS, Sciences Po etc. - Congratulations!! but may your IHEID dreams come true too. 

I am applying for the MDev course and have picked IHEID, SOAS, Sciences Po, IDS/Sussex, University of Amsterdam, Institute of Social Sciences as my top few choices. Not an early bird unlike most on this thread, I recently put in my application for IHEID on 10 January and am working on the rest of the applications.

I am particularly interested in agrarian development, food security issues, water management, displacement and migration issues. Below, is just a bit of background so if you're interested in similar issues, I would love to hear about which universities according to your research might have the best resources for the mentioned areas.

I have a BA degree in Communication from Australia with a less than average GPA that I completed in 2010. I have been working ever since with travel magazines, the Associated Press, an investigative documentary film on Papua New Guinea and the Department of Immigration in Australia. I left Australia for good six months ago and returned to my home country, India after seven good years. In the last six months, I did a course on agro-ecology and organic farming practices at a biodiversity conservation farm started by the renowned physicist and environmental activist Dr Vandana Shiva, in the foothills of the Himalayas. This was an excellent orientation into the area especially because we were taught by a collective of seed scientists, micro biologists, nutritionists, environmental activists, writers and researchers - each with a different perspective on food security and sustainable farming. I also did some volunteer work with an American couple who ran farmer trainings in rural villages. Currently, I am doing a Grad Dip by correspondence from the University of London/LSE in International Relations - to make up for a poor performance and a four year break from the world of academia.   

I'm not sure if my experience will make up for my academic background but how I would love, love, love to get accepted at IHEID. Did anyone have to explain/justify an irrelevant Bachelor degree or a low GPA in their SOP? I circumvented that bit and just highlighted what I have done and what motivates me to complete a post graduate degree in Development studies/ International Development. 

Look forward to hearing from someone and anyone. 

Hope you've all had a fantastic start to the new year.