International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Myan, reading all these post freaking me out.. I just started my application to IHEID, LSE and Sciences PO..Since I am finishing up my undergraduate this year, was busy with my finals and running my foundation. 

I am finishing my three majors and one minor from liberal arts college here in the USA. So, i would appreciate if anyone, who are done with their application, to share some ideas and suggestion regarding application process.

Thanking you guys in advance.

Best,

Curious_Grad

Myan, reading all these post freaking me out.. I just started my application to IHEID, LSE and Sciences PO..Since I am finishing up my undergraduate this year, was busy with my finals and running my foundation. 

I am finishing my three majors and one minor from liberal arts college here in the USA. So, i would appreciate if anyone, who are done with their application, to share some ideas and suggestion regarding application process.

Best,

Curious_Grad

3 majors one minor AND a foundation? Do you have time to breathe? Talk about an overachiever! Welcome to this board curious_grad.

The application process is a long road and we are all here to share our experiences and calm each other's nerves. As for the application process the sooner you get started the better. What programs are you considering?

Best,

Curious_Grad

In a few more days, admitted candidates can give you more advice. 

Hopefully, the admitted candidates will be all of us who applied at the early round.  :)

No. I don't even know that has my application been pushed for the second pool of applicants OR the institute hasn't started sending out updates yet. It's making me so unproductive, all this waiting. :(

Hey guys, thanks for getting back with some inputs..i really need that..

I am looking into Development studies since I have my own foundation that is empowering single women in underdeveloped countries...

Wow that's amazing. What's the name of this foundation? Is the foundation based in US itself? Or some developing country? My future goals is something along those lines hence the question. I too have applied for MDev at the institute.

As for the suggestions, I would just say focus on your letter of motivation. It can make or break your profile.

Edited by k_angie

Nope. Someone posted on their FB page too. There hasn't been any response from them on that post. I think I am going to write them a mail and ask about the results. Let's see what they respond back? Did any one of you try this?

I feel that it all depends on the programme you've applied for. The disciplinary programmes have their own respective selection committee, and the interdisciplinary ones have a joint-committee. The number of applications differs considerably between the two different types of programmes (MIA and MDEV having a lot more applicants than the disciplinary ones), so it might take more time for one programme than another.

I guess that they will finish uploading all responses by friday - just feel confident, an early application is always an advantage ;)

I too received a mail from them. My application has been pushed for March.

So it's like I have been in almost all the stages; rejection, being pushed to March.

The only outcome left is being admitted. So well fingers crossed for that.

Though good news is, I got through SCIENCES PO.

Edited by k_angie

Until what time will they work today??

It is now 4pm in Geneva. 

Maybe I have to wait for one more day

Or maybe that you have been admitted by the institute. I mean maybe they sent rejections on 16th, held back applications on 17th and on 18th will send acceptances.

Maybe, I am just speculating, nevertheless. Good luck,

Angie : Do you work there? Virtually, you know everything about the Institute. I am refreshing my email every 10 secs.

alchyna : Where are you? Did you have any news?

Hahahha, nope it's like I have stalked the institute like a proper professional stalker. Attended too many online sessions plus exp of last year.

It's like 7-ish in USA. She must be sleeping!

Edited by k_angie