International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Cuz they will receive the files back from the admission jury by tomorrow. Either they will start updating the files right away or wait a day and then do it. In any case, it won't be out before evening anyway. Like end of their office hours or something. I am just speculating.

I want the result soon too but I am just counting the odds too. Maybe they come out with rejections first or give the results for disciplinary master. Idk.

Angie correct me if I am mistaken please .

From my stalking from the IHEID Facebook, it seems that some people got their decision postponed to the second round and (again from the Facebook posts) no one got rejected at the first round. 

The last year´s official notification date was 7th which was a Friday. People started to get notified on 10th, the following Monday. 

I don't think we can get our results on Monday because they need to do many updating things...Maybe Tuesday? I googled that last year people received their results on Tuesday. And 20th of December is the last working day of the institute before Christmas, so I think they will post results before the 20th. 

Angie correct me if I am mistaken please .

From my stalking from the IHEID Facebook, it seems that some people got their decision postponed to the second round and (again from the Facebook posts) no one got rejected at the first round.

The last year´s official notification date was 7th which was a Friday. People started to get notified on 10th, the following Monday.

Nope nope, there were rejections. Though most of the applications were pushed for the second round and few acceptances. Though they take the best of the lot for the early admissions. Plus most if the scholarship Info comes in march for people. I just know only one person who got his scholarship acceptance with his admission offer in the first round. Maybe they will change the whole procedure this time. Let's see Edited by k_angie

I don't think we can get our results on Monday because they need to do many updating things...Maybe Tuesday? I googled that last year people received their results on Tuesday. And 20th of December is the last working day of the institute before Christmas, so I think they will post results before the 20th.

Well that's fine too, waited for a month. What's two more days? (My mind answers- A LOT!)

Plus didn't they mention results between 15th-30th Dec?

Edited by k_angie

Well that's fine too, waited for a month. What's two more days? (My mind answers- A LOT!)

Haha, I took the last online session and the person from the institute told me that we would get responses very soon, before Christmas. But still, there are three kinds of possibilities: first, admitted; second, rejected; third, postponed to the second round. At least we'll get a response very very soon, no matter good, bad or middle.  :) I also asked the admission rate. He told me that normally one out of three person would be admitted. That's quite high. :)  

Ok just woke up and the first thing I checked is this board... I don't know if that's good or bad. But it's my turn to speculate!

I don't think we will hear anything so soon as tommorow I mean if the jury is done deciding then I'm thinking decisions will start trickling in by the end of the week maybe wed and thu at best. Or we will really start getting decisions after the 20th. I for one would hate that. i wish they would hold off on rejections until after christmas. That would make for a pretty crappy holiday season to digest a rejection and make one feel like all other applications are doomed..But I guess it's better to just know rather than to wait.

Ok just woke up and the first thing I checked is this board... I don't know if that's good or bad. But it's my turn to speculate!

I don't think we will hear anything so soon as tommorow I mean if the jury is done deciding then I'm thinking decisions will start trickling in by the end of the week maybe wed and thu at best. Or we will really start getting decisions after the 20th. I for one would hate that. i wish they would hold off on rejections until after christmas. That would make for a pretty crappy holiday season to digest a rejection and make one feel like all other applications are doomed..But I guess it's better to just know rather than to wait.

Okay now I am not going to do any checking or any damn thing. If I get through, I will get an email. If I don't get through, I will get an email. No more checking. Too much games it is playing with my mind.

Hey everyone! It was so interesting to find this thread because I wasn't even considering programs in Europe. I, too, am completely broke and I figured international programs would be impossible financially. I looked into Sciences Po (I am a francophile) and it does seem feasible with the right grants. Could anyone explain to me which programs (that are well-respected) have the possibility of full grants for international students? I'm American. A lot of you guys are talking about the one in Geneva and ones in Denmark and NL but are there grants available there like the ones for Sciences Po?

I was looking at programs in the US and many of them are focused on economics and require as prerequisites courses in micro and macro economics. I've never taken econ in my life and didn't even take any sort of math in college. My background is in Anthropology and African Studies.

I'd like to hear from anyone else applying to US programs. I am really attached to American University and I can't find much else.

Hi redsparrow!

Well I didn't even consider applying to the programmes of US. This is because of the following reasons;

1. I have a 3 years undergrad whereas most US univs asks for 4. 

2. I wanted to learn a new language (French) hence I concentrated on European schools.

3. the giving GRE is another tussle.

4. Finally, the schools I contacted in the US wanted me to take summer class in micro and macro economics offered by them, before applying for the international development programmes as I did my undergrad in history.

That being said, the schools of my top choices do have a semester abroad and exchange programmes and I would definitely would want to go to US for that.