The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

Upenn did interviews last week last year so maybe we will hear something this week at least interviews etc. Cornell sent some acceptances around this time too last year so I am very hopeful. January seemed so long this year.

So, cause I'm crazy, I logged into the Brown app site and there has been an update. It says my application completed date is today. It also says my GRE scores were received today. Weird...what do we think it means?

Oh man this day has been eteeeeeernal. I kept thinking I was gonna hear something. :(

This MONTH has been eternal! I always complain about how fast time flies, yet right now it seems January will never end.

Not to make any of y'all any more frustrated with being stuck in waiting purgatory, but last year, I noticed that the small changes in my applications, such as status updates for submitted materials, appeared shortly before decisions were made. However, that wasn't the case for all of them, and I received 1 rejection, so I can't really speak to whether there are any patterns. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Hey all, 

So I heard great news from a Chapel Hill POI today. Again, for others waiting on UNC, this wasn't "the letter" it was a prof letting me know about my admission. I am so excited! Lots of good research overlaps there!

As for Harvard: No joke, I took Canis' advice (i think? or someone's here) and emailed the grad secretary with a 'fixed version' of the SOP. She was lovely, so understanding, said she would send it in there to replace. So nice, right? So I fix it, make sure it sounds great. And then, 

I re-sent her the f***ed up version. 

Sigh. 

i was told by the director of grad admissions at BU (for archaeology) that they will be notifying around the end of February. So still a month of waiting left. That was archaeology though, not anthro. At BU those two depts are completely seperate. Hope that helps!

Thanks, everyone! Gradcat- I hope you're right...

Ok... I just realized after reading a few other posts that I don't actually know what POI means. I thought it was "professor of interest" or "person of interest", aka a prof at a school. Now I have no idea. 

I saw an Art History at FSU on the results page that made me sit up, but my application to FSU is for Classical Archaeology, and they don't seem be doing much yet. But it's kind of the same rough area... right??