The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

So as part of this waiting obsession, I had a dream last night that one of my POI called me and interviewed me in Spanish, and then I got a letter saying to ignore the previous rejection letter because I had been accepted.

So as part of this waiting obsession, I had a dream last night that one of my POI called me and interviewed me in Spanish, and then I got a letter saying to ignore the previous rejection letter because I had been accepted.

I dreamed that I woke up, checked the results page on my phone and saw that people were posting from my top choice school. So then I checked my email and didn't have anything! But the anxiety from that made me ACTUALLY wake up, at which point I grabbed at my phone and tried to check the results page but I was too tired and couldn't focus my eyes or see what I was entering in on my touchscreen! The whole saga took about a half hour and revealed absolutely nothing. My life is ridiculous!

so much for my theory about hearing from michigan today... wah wah

It would have been nice to pair today's Princeton rejection with word from Michigan!!! #overit #notreally

Hi there!

I have a question for people who are getting rejected via email: are you emailing the department to inquire about your status, or are they sending out emails unprompted? Im asking because Im seeing that some people are getting accepted/rejected to the programs to which I applied, but I havent heard anything positive or negative from them, so I dont know whether I should still be hopeful or not. Thanks!

Hi there!

I have a question for people who are getting rejected via email: are you emailing the department to inquire about your status, or are they sending out emails unprompted? Im asking because Im seeing that some people are getting accepted/rejected to the programs to which I applied, but I havent heard anything positive or negative from them, so I dont know whether I should still be hopeful or not. Thanks!

Often, the departments send out positive results earlier than negatve ones. But sometimes they don't do ti at the same time. Sometimes professors send personal emails to let you know before the official letters are sent out. Maybe these people learned directly from their professors. I think you can wait a bit more, maybe you are being wait listed.

Colorless - I haven't heard anything new from the POI I've been in contact with since my interview. I was told that the professors (I'm not sure if Harvard has an official admissions committee) were meeting around the end of January and that I should probably find out in mid-February. The POI I spoke with didn't know the exact admissions schedule and was just estimating when things would be sent out, so it may take longer. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I think I’ve read the documents I submitted to the schools about five hundred times, trying to find every possible mistake, dwelling on every thing I should or should not have said and therefore submitting myself to all kinds of self-deprication. I can’t wait for it to be over... hopefully with an acceptance. It only takes ONE!     

Thoughts on CUNY's incoming cultural cohort size?  I am pretty much hinging my whole season on them. 

Any news out of Rutgers?  Can anyone confirm/deny rumors of a potentially tiny (1-2) CITE cohort this year?  I've heard this from multiple sources.

Edited by NOWAYNOHOW

Thoughts on CUNY's incoming cultural cohort size?  I am pretty much hinging my whole season on them. 

Any news out of Rutgers?  Can anyone confirm/deny rumors of a potentially tiny (1-2) CITE cohort this year?  I've heard this from multiple sources.

If anyone has info on CUNY's incoming linguistic cohort size, I'm also interested. I heard from a grad student there that they'll only be taking one or two due to full 5 year funding, but I don't know.

I think I’ve read the documents I submitted to the schools about five hundred times, trying to find every possible mistake, dwelling on every thing I should or should not have said and therefore submitting myself to all kinds of self-deprication. I can’t wait for it to be over... hopefully with an acceptance. It only takes ONE!     

yes it also takes one but it also takes one rejection to put the blues mode on.

anxious to hear from michigan and chicago. Somehow having these interviews has made me more anxious! It feels like, if I don't get in now it will be for something I said haha! Let's get some responses today!!! Good luck everyone!

anxious to hear from michigan and chicago. Somehow having these interviews has made me more anxious! It feels like, if I don't get in now it will be for something I said haha! Let's get some responses today!!! Good luck everyone!

i heard from my POI at chicago that offers are only going to start rolling in around the 15th-20th of february. *fingerscrossed* for everyone waiting on chicago!