Psychology Fall 2014 Applicants

db998

After reading through the Neuroscience thread I thought it would be nice to get some news from people applying to Psych programs. Having looked through last year's timing, it looks like most programs send invites a little later--more like January. Anybody hear anything promising yet?

Would be nice to share the stress with some other people :)

My poor gmail account must feel overworked with how often I refresh it. Sure you could argue that its a relieving feeling to be just waiting, which it was for a few days, but to me it is stressful not being able to work on anything now that I am done with apps. Sitting back and waiting is not my style.

The IRB at my school is done for the semester, it appears, so I'm playing the waiting game with them as well for my research project..

Thanks for starting this Thread :)

I don't expect to hear anything until late December at the absolute earliest, so I'm trying to just chill (unless something shows up on results search). Results are mixed.

I've been told by my top choice program that they don't even begin the application review process until after winter break.  I think that might be true for a lot of Psych programs.

I've been told by my top choice program that they don't even begin the application review process until after winter break.  I think that might be true for a lot of Psych programs.

What school is this, if I may ask?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't quite heard yet, although I had a some one from the department email me to say they don't have my GRE scores (Sent it to the wrong Denver university!) and then when I sent them, shortly after, I received an email saying that my application was sent for review and read as a very non-generic manner. Now I am not sure if this "review" is just acknowledging that my application is complete, or if this is positive news (such as they liked what they saw and wanted to confirm that my scores were really what they were). Still waiting back from all the others though!

I haven't quite heard yet, although I had a some one from the department email me to say they don't have my GRE scores (Sent it to the wrong Denver university!) and then when I sent them, shortly after, I received an email saying that my application was sent for review and read as a very non-generic manner. Now I am not sure if this "review" is just acknowledging that my application is complete, or if this is positive news (such as they liked what they saw and wanted to confirm that my scores were really what they were). Still waiting back from all the others though!

The email was just to let you know your application was complete and was eligible for review (meaning it will be reviewed)

It's been driving me nuts, but then I realized that it's only been two weeks since my deadlines have passed..so I feel kind of silly (but still frustrated) now..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also obsessively refreshing my poor gmail. Everyone I know that's in school has told me mid-January or later. I'm just concerned because SFU has set their interview date for January 31st! I wonder when they send out the information, since it's creeping up on the date.

Has anyone heard from UC Davis, Stony Brook, UB (Behavioral Neuro), WVU, CUNY

I haven't heard from WVU... my source told me they didn't start discussing applicants until late last week, so I'm hoping the radio silence just means they're not done yet; not that I am softly rejected "/ 

UNC Charlotte :)  But shhh don't tell the other schools that!

The PI in my lab told me that at leas the clinical department at UNC Charlotte is meeting this week to discuss applicants.  Not sure if that means they will make a decision this week or not, but it at least means they have just begun the process.  I can't believe it is taking them this long given that the application was due before any of my others!

The PI in my lab told me that at leas the clinical department at UNC Charlotte is meeting this week to discuss applicants.  Not sure if that means they will make a decision this week or not, but it at least means they have just begun the process.  I can't believe it is taking them this long given that the application was due before any of my others!

Oh my goodness I can't tell you how reassuring it is to hear that they haven't made their decisions yet.  Thank you for posting this!

I got an invite from a different psych program at UW, so my guess would be yours won't be far behind now. Good luck to everyone, it seems like invites are coming in quick now!

I got an invite from a different psych program at UW, so my guess would be yours won't be far behind now. Good luck to everyone, it seems like invites are coming in quick now!

Thank you, db998! And congratulations! It's becoming harder and harder to function well and act normally while under the agonizing pain of waiting!