What are my chances??????????! :)

cmoney8243

Hey guys,

I am wondering what people think my chances are of getting into a Clinical Psychology PhD program. I just submitted my applications and haven’t heard anything. I have a 2.76 GPA and a 3.0 in Psychology. I have some brief research experience but unfortunately I had to quit because it interfered with my pledge week responsibilities (I’m in a fraternity).  I have some relevant clinical experience giving my frat brothers advice when they had drank too much, which was pretty frequent. My GRE scores are 148/151 and a 3.5 on writing. The president of our fraternity was one of my reccommenders and I think he probably had some pretty great things to say. I also had a professor write me one whose class I got a 3.5 in so I can imagine that one was pretty good as well. I currently DJ at a local bar on campus. I have to be very emotionally aware of what songs people want to hear. I talked a lot about this in my personal statement. I also watch Dr. Phil and Criminal Minds, so I have a pretty good grasp on how the mind works and what would make a good counselor. So wut do u guys think? Again, I’m kind of freaking out here, so any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hahaha no I know this is totally not for real.  

Ok assuming you are real I am not applying to clinical psych and honestly I don't know a lot about the GPA but I will say that the emotions you put into your music choice probably won't help much, neither will Dr. Phil and Criminal Minds.  Good luck! 

Edited by Pinkster12

This is my favourite what are my chances of all time. Are you sure you're interested in clinical psychology? You could apply at Columbia Business School or MIT because some of their research seems relevant to your interests. Princeton might be great too, Emily Pronin does research on how music speed influences thought processes. So many possibilities!

This is my favourite what are my chances of all time. Are you sure you're interested in clinical psychology? You could apply at Columbia Business School or MIT because some of their research seems relevant to your interests. Princeton might be great too, Emily Pronin does research on how music speed influences thought processes. So many possibilities!

Ariely is no longer at MIT- he's at Duke :-D

Ariely is no longer at MIT- he's at Duke :-D

Oops, you're right. I knew that but in my exuberance to suggest places I forgot--I'm sure the OP is expecting multiple offers so I didn't want to tarry.  

And Shane Frederick is at Yale. OP should add those to the list then too.

Oops, you're right. I knew that but in my exuberance to suggest places I forgot--I'm sure the OP is expecting multiple offers so I didn't want to tarry.  

And Shane Frederick is at Yale. OP should add those to the list then too.

Hahaha excellent point :-D