Canadian Political Science Programs, Fall 2014 Admission

cosmokramer

Hi I've applied to Mcgill Poli Sci and NPSIA..good luck drschad. Anxiety kicking in yet?

Finally someone else! I've been wading around the internet to discuss my application with anyone. I've pretty much just been viewing my Carleton Central page constantly to see if my status has changed. Though there's pretty much no point yet. What streams did you choose?

Hi everyone. I am applying for Ph.D as well. I have applied to McGill already and am in the process of finalising my application to Université de Montréal as well! Yes, anxiety is driving me nuts too!

Edited by vahid123

Hi all,

International PhD applicant here.

Applied: UWO, Queens & UVic.

I have the feeling that I didn't apply to enough Canadian schools.

I suspect though, if I should get in anywhere, I'd know within 4 weeks.

I've never been good at waiting. Oh Lord.

My McGill notification recently changed to "In Review" from "Submitted." I am applying for the Master's program, but I contacted two potential supervisors. They were both engaging: both provided some links to McGill research centres that might be of interest to me and replied back super-fast.

My McGill notification recently changed to "In Review" from "Submitted." I am applying for the Master's program, but I contacted two potential supervisors. They were both engaging: both provided some links to McGill research centres that might be of interest to me and replied back super-fast.

Was one of them Erik Kuhonta?

Edited by drschad

Was one of them Erik Kuhonta?

Yup! Lovely person and, it seems, super-efficient at answering emails.

How did you know it was him?

Edited by qeta

Yup! Lovely person and, it seems, super-efficient at answering emails.

How did you know it was him?

from your area of interest?  ;)

do you know when to expect a result from the department? according to its website,"The department aims to contact PhD applicants no later than mid-March and MA applicants no later than mid-Apri"  quite late

from your area of interest?  ;)

do you know when to expect a result from the department? according to its website,"The department aims to contact PhD applicants no later than mid-March and MA applicants no later than mid-Apri"  quite late

Except Kuhonta works on South-East Asia. :-P I'm interested in him because of his work on political economy and development.

According to the results posted on this site, McGill contacts most PhD applicants in late February/early March and Master's applicants by early April. That doesn't seem that late by Canadian standards.

Except Kuhonta works on South-East Asia. :-P I'm interested in him because of his work on political economy and development.

According to the results posted on this site, McGill contacts most PhD applicants in late February/early March and Master's applicants by early April. That doesn't seem that late by Canadian standards.

I saw your signature which mentioned your area of interest is South Asia. I go to McGill and there are only a few profs who I know that specialize there. Also, there is TV Paul though he is more IR/Security 

Psychicdriving: Are you also a McGill student?

Edited by drschad

I saw your signature which mentioned your area of interest is South Asia. I go to McGill and there are only a few profs who I know that specialize there. Also, there is TV Paul though he is more IR/Security 

Psychicdriving: Are you also a McGill student?

And yet McGill is one of the better places to study South Asia in Canada - that's how understudied and underrepresented South Asian politics is.

I just got into GSPIA at U of Ottawa. Anyone else?

I did too! Very surprised to see them e-mail out results already. Unfortunately it appears as if I didn't get any funding as there was nothing attached with the PDF they sent along.

While the lack of funding isn't a deal breaker for me I'm likely to decline U of O's offer as it was pretty far down my list anyways.

Should also add that I've applied at: Concordia (MPPPA), University of Ottawa (MA Political Science, GSPIA), Carleton (MA Political Science), University of Toronto (MA Political Science), Simon Fraser (MA Political Science) and University of Victoria (MA Political Science).

Also might apply to University of Amsterdam this weekend but haven't yet made up my mind.