Results

jamc8383

Amen!

Do you know how many spots UPenn has and how many they interviewed for those spots? I had an interview, and I forgot to ask.

Several years ago, I found this link on their site regarding their admission stats 2004-2008. It's been taken off their site, but the link still works: http://www.history.upenn.edu/grad/docs/grad_admissions.pdf

Do you think this is still generally accurate? It seems like if they are looking for a cohort of 15, they will actually admit 30ish?

They do have stats on the website. But I believe I am competing for one single lonely spot. A POI informed me in pre-application discussion that they will be taking one person this year... I am unsure if that is one for the sub-field or one for the POI.

They do have stats on the website. But I believe I am competing for one single lonely spot. A POI informed me in pre-application discussion that they will be taking one person this year... I am unsure if that is one for the sub-field or one for the POI.

Many school/ POIs that I spoke too told me they were taking only one student...with how small the cohort is at Penn this would make sense

uPenn was my strongest application and best fit from my point of view. I have 15 pending applications. Of those applications, uPenn is one of the top three that I would be most excited about attending.

I have not heard a word from uPenn yet.

Edited by CharlesSpurgeon

uPenn was my strongest application and best fit from my point of view. I have 15 pending applications. Of those applications, uPenn is one of the top three that I would be most excited about attending.

I have not heard a word from uPenn yet.

did you have an interview? I know they do accept people without them but that might be some sort of indicator. POI contact? PM me if you want we can chat about this more

Any chance the poster was just faking us out?? It seems pretty fast to get their meeting rescheduled with the weather and Monday holiday.

It's possible, although UPenn did not have Monday off. This is just my own speculation, but I imagine someone very high on the list could have already heard informally from a POI, especially one on the admissions committee. Just a guess, though.

To the results posted who asked if anyone is still waiting on Columbia: yes, presumably all the people who are going to be rejected in the next week or two. I think if you haven't heard anything at all, you can assume it's not happening.

I saw both acceptances and rejections to Vanderbilt. Is anyone still waiting? Can anything be inferred from no response?

I received word about my placement on the wait list this past Sunday. I know of one other person on the wait list, but I daresay there are more.

The one rejection listed says it was from an informal conversation, so I don't think they've sent official rejections yet.

I received word about my placement on the wait list this past Sunday. I know of one other person on the wait list, but I daresay there are more.

The one rejection listed says it was from an informal conversation, so I don't think they've sent official rejections yet.

Sounds like no news is bad news then.

Me too. This is the first stinger, though it's bitter sweet as it makes my decision-making much easier as I believe I have a stronger fit elsewhere.

Edited by kdavid

Have they? I haven't received anything. :( UCLA is such a great fit, too

I received my email at 4:30pm Pacific time yesterday.  I don't know how they prioritize the emails, but I'm sure more are forthcoming.  

I received my email at 4:30pm Pacific time yesterday.  I don't know how they prioritize the emails, but I'm sure more are forthcoming.  

Oh, man. Of all the programs I applied to, UCLA was probably the strongest fit. An admission from them would be huge.