Results

jamc8383

Be very wary of Madison's "apply for funding every year" structure.  I know it's really tempting as a school but that's a nightmare.

Absoultely. That is why I am trying not to get very excited until I hear what my funding package is. I have heard it is terrible if you are not fully funded via people on here and friends up at UW.

To the person admitted to UGA (univ Georgia at Athens) was the acceptance an official email or from a poi ? Was wondering as it seems as though they usually notify via postal mail. Thanks :)

And congrats cats,!! you rock girl!

I pm'd catsandscarves earlier but I was admitted to Indiana today! (Felt sort of weird about a public posting because I was sort of identified last time I posted by a buddy lol) best of luck to all other applicants!!

I pm'd catsandscarves earlier but I was admitted to Indiana today! (Felt sort of weird about a public posting because I was sort of identified last time I posted by a buddy lol) best of luck to all other applicants!!

Congrats to you publicly :)

I wonder if they release the results by field? I applied to UW Madison and my status is still pending...

I was fumbling around and hit the "enter" under pending and under status description it said that. Mine still says pending on the first page but that the department recommended me for admission on the second. Let me know if I can help you find it!

I was fumbling around and hit the "enter" under pending and under status description it said that. Mine still says pending on the first page but that the department recommended me for admission on the second. Let me know if I can help you find it!

Thanks! I went to check again and all it says is "Your application has been received and will be reviewed by your program. Please refer to this page for updates." The waiting game continues.  :wacko:  But congrats to you cats! Fingers crossed for full funding.

Thanks! I went to check again and all it says is "Your application has been received and will be reviewed by your program. Please refer to this page for updates." The waiting game continues. :wacko: But congrats to you cats! Fingers crossed for full funding.

Thanks! I don't think I could go there without it so I'm really hoping!

Definitely thinking positively for you too!

Edited by catsandscarves

Thanks! As I've said over and over, still nervous about funding but really thrilled

Congrats Cats!  I am in the same boat with Madison.  Psyched about the admit, nervous about the funding.  We'll see how it goes...

I'll claim the Davis result posted. I thought it was a bit surprising, as I expected they'd start sending out results only a bit later in February. Nothing about funding or fellowships or anything like that, just an email from the Chair saying they were recommending me for admission. Very pleased indeed. This has turned out to be a successful application season and I really expected to have to try again next year (non-traditional applicant, no letters from history professors, international). 

I am crossing everything for everyone waiting for an acceptance! (If I fall over repeatedly this week, it will be all your fault, but it will be totally worth it.)