Results

jamc8383

When this process started I was really just hoping for 1 "yes." Now I have choices between legitimately great programs. I'm pretty stunned really.

In my program, we call this a "humble brag." ;)

But really, so very happy for you! Congrats on your successes

Edited by catsandscarves

When this process started I was really just hoping for 1 "yes." Now I have choices between legitimately great programs. I'm pretty stunned really.

That is so great for you! Are you still waiting to hear from any schools that are your top choices, or is it just a matter of choosing between the schools you've already gotten into?

How did you receive your letter from Kentucky? Still waiting on a response from them.

I received an e-mail a few weeks ago that had a general acceptance from the Graduate Studies office and received another e-mail a few days ago (about 2 or so weeks after the acceptance e-mail) from the History Graduate Studies Director with a .pdf document that contained my offer.  My person of interest was CC'd on the e-mail as well.  They said they were sending a paper copy in the mail in addition to the e-mailed offer.

Are any of the U Chicago acceptances here from the Latin American or International history fields? Still holding onto the silly hope that they are being released by field. :mellow:

I was accepted at U Chicago for Latin American History. 

I have on good authority that the UPenn admissions committee was scheduled to meet Thursday the 13th to deliberate, but the school was closed that day due to snow and so the meeting never happened. Late results from UPenn are likely. :(

I have on good authority that the UPenn admissions committee was scheduled to meet Thursday the 13th to deliberate, but the school was closed that day due to snow and so the meeting never happened. Late results from UPenn are likely. :(

BOO! worst news I've heard haha Probably by the end of next week then if they were support to tell us around today-tuesday...maybe? Just speculating but feeling hopeful!

I applied to 4 program (UC Davis, Rutgers, University of Oklahoma, George Mason) in American history(1870-1930 period). So far I have been offered a four year fellowship to the University of Oklahoma and a five year funding package from UC Davis. I have not heard back from Mason or Rutgers yet.

Edited by spellbanisher

^ That's probably part of it. Many schools also know they have an advantage the earlier an applicant hears a result - because he or she starts planning some details re: attending the first school(s) he/she gets into, which makes it harder to switch to planning for anther school, all else being equal, later.