Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

I also was just accepted to Germany at 13:22. I'm so relieved that I'm shaking. Good luck everyone.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, goodbye to my productivity for this week... i just got an email and my heart stopped. until i realised that it was just my lab coordinator doing normal coordination things

Where are Psyc_33 and Perfluidity?! Come on, guys!!! I've been talking to/rooting for y'all!

ahh congrats Virmundi! Another win for GradCafe!

Thank you very much. This forum has been the thing keeping me sane/insane (both in equal parts) for weeks now and I really appreciate it, even if I've only been a lurker.

Everyone reading here in despair: I cannot do much to alleviate the pain of being rejected from Fulbright (research). But you should know that I have applied 3 times over the last 3 years. I have multiple publications, great institutional affiliations, great recommendations, top tier school, spotless academic record, various small grants/fellowships, and a proposal that, each year, I put before a public workshop consisting of former ACLS and other fellowship board members for critique prior to submission. I was rejected in the final selection for the first two years. But this year, I got a Research Fulbright. So there may be light at the end of the tunnel, even if it seems devastatingly hopeless at times. Congrats to all those accepted; my sympathy for those not.

Just got accepted to Germany. Research, full grant. emailed 03/18, rec'd 13:23 EDT - I'm sort of on top of the world right now!

Congrats !!! 

BTW If I get another " you've used up your positive votes for the day warning" I'm going to snap. 

Just got accepted to Germany. Research, full grant. emailed 03/18, rec'd 13:23 EDT - I'm sort of on top of the world right now!

I also was just accepted to Germany at 13:22. I'm so relieved that I'm shaking. Good luck everyone.

This is so fantastic!! Congratulations Germany Fulbrighters!!

Not selected for Germany research grant. Soooooo unbelievably frustrating. Congrats to all accepted, and come on DAAD results!

You are DEFINITELY going to get DAAD! I can feel it! Better things are coming. For now--- big hugs from all of us!

Congrats !!! 

BTW If I get another " you've used up your positive votes for the day warning" I'm going to snap. 

Aaannnnd while clicking the positive vote for this comment, I got the warning. Snapping.

Everyone reading here in despair: I cannot do much to alleviate the pain of being rejected from Fulbright (research). But you should know that I have applied 3 times over the last 3 years. I have multiple publications, great institutional affiliations, great recommendations, top tier school, spotless academic record, various small grants/fellowships, and a proposal that, each year, I put before a public workshop consisting of former ACLS and other fellowship board members for critique prior to submission. I was rejected in the final selection for the first two years. But this year, I got a Research Fulbright. So there may be light at the end of the tunnel, even if it seems devastatingly hopeless at times. Congrats to all those accepted; my sympathy for those not.

I'm so glad someone else has applied as many times as I have ! I was starting to think I was insane and that I was hopeless. Congrats on getting a Fulbright !! This is also my third time. 

Not selected for Germany research grant. Soooooo unbelievably frustrating. Congrats to all accepted, and come on DAAD results!

marXian, I heard from someone at the DAAD that results should be coming soon (end of March/early April). Still leaves a week or two left, but hey! It is better than hearing at the end of April!

Just found out I am an alternate for study/research in Germany. I'm devastated, to say the least. I mean, I know someone could withdraw, but I just don't see it as being very likely. :(

Just found out I am an alternate for study/research in Germany. I'm devastated, to say the least. I mean, I know someone could withdraw, but I just don't see it as being very likely. :(

I heard of a lot of people being bumped up!!! You never know what other offers people will get! My thoughts are with you though, I am sorry :(

Edited by kconhead

Just received status that I am a Fulbright ETA to India!!

Another country! Congrats to all new German research & India ETA's, hugs to all non-selects, and good luck on the next step of waiting to all alternates!!

Germany folks: may I ask what region & study field you applied for?

Hey stopthat! (I got way too excited about saying that...)

Are you in arts by any chance? IDK if this is the case, and I'm not a German applicant, but I've heard Arts apps get reviewed separately... maybe they get notified separately