Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Hi everyone, I guess I am a little late jumping on the bandwagon because I just discovered this website.  I just found out yesterday that I got the ETA for Germany!  I was reading some of the posts from the last few days and that was totally me - I was freaking out every time I saw an email come through on my phone, and when I  finally saw an email come in from Fulbright, my heart was pounding out of my chest and I could not breathe.  I actually had to have my Fulbright adviser open it and read it for me, haha.  Now that we have our notifications, I'd love to connect with some of the other ETAs headed to Germany.   :)  Congratulations to everyone who got notified, and to everyone for making it this far!

Congratulations, NicoleAnna28! I also was accepted for a Germany ETA yesterday and am still freaking out. What are your 3 placement preferences? Mine are BW, NRW, and Sachsen. 

Do you guys have any suggestions on whom I should contact?  (Fulbright advisor?)  Or should I just sit still?

And is anyone else still waiting for any Fulbright correspondence regarding Germany?

I sent IIE an email asking an application question three days ago... and nothing.................. if that helps

Beyond excited to be a Germany ETA recipient!!!!

I have to make a really difficult decision though between the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals program and the Fulbright. Anyone with advice... HELP ME. 

Does anyone know when we have to let Fulbright know about our decision (or is it assumed we accept the grant until otherwise stated?)

Also, does anyone know if it reflects poorly to accept another offer like CBYX and then reapply for the Fulbright later on? I have always dreamed of being a Fulbright scholar, but I think the CBYX is an incredible opportunity too, and I am going to be too old to reapply next year and not too old for the Fulbright.  

Congrats to everyone accepted and best of luck to everyone still waiting!

I have to make a really difficult decision though between the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals program and the Fulbright. Anyone with advice... HELP ME. 

Does anyone know when we have to let Fulbright know about our decision (or is it assumed we accept the grant until otherwise stated?)

Also, does anyone know if it reflects poorly to accept another offer like CBYX and then reapply for the Fulbright later on? I have always dreamed of being a Fulbright scholar, but I think the CBYX is an incredible opportunity too, and I am going to be too old to reapply next year and not too old for the Fulbright.  

Two weeks after they send you the official letter! But i don't know when that will be.

I am at with you! I also applied to the USTA in Austria and will be torn between the two if I graduate. As someone who has had time abroad made really difficult by not having enough money, the higher pay of Austria is really appealing to me. I also like that it is easy to do a second year, though someone mentioned that Germany ETAs have extended before. But I will have to see where I am placed. I think my heart might be in Austria, but if I were placed in a city like Karlsruhe, that might be difficult for me (as I really love it there). 

So I am (potentially... still don't know about USTA) in the same boat :/

Waiting anxiously for Taiwan as well! I have finals this week and this has not been good for keeping up with studying...  <_<

The more countries that get notified, the harder it is to keep waiting  :(... since it seems like notifications have been coming out earlier, I'm guessing Taiwan's might come out the first week of April? Crossing my fingers! 

I sent IIE an email asking an application question three days ago... and nothing.................. if that helps

I meant, I haven't received anything about my status. Did everyone receive their result regarding Fulbright to Deutschland?

edit:

Looks like notification dates for Germany were quite spread out last year... I'll just hang tight, hoping no news is good news.

Edited by Stopthat

Hello lovely people! I'm a long term lurker and first time poster. Today, I was notified of my Greece ETA award and I am very grateful for the opportunity!

I was wondering if there was a community for Greece Fulbrighters 2015-2016 on here or facebook/linkedin folks would want to connect and chat about the process' next steps. 

Good luck to those who have yet hear back! 

Edited by conscientious_actor

Hi all, has anyone tried to log on to the Student Service Portal? When I click 'forgot password' like they say to and type in my email, it just comes back "email address unknown," which makes me nervous! 

My heart hurts a little more everytime I see an e-mail in my university account and it's not a Fulbright notification. I thought at some point the anxiousness I feel while waiting to hear back would diminish, but it hasn't, not even a little.

UK where are those notifications?! :wacko:

Hey everyone. Stumbled upon this page in an anxiety-induced for Fulbright notification news. Wanted to share an email I received from my FPA yesterday. She said she spoke with the program officer for Central America, and that news should be shared early next week at the latest. This is pretty shocking considering average notification time since 2008 has been second to third week of April. I think two years ago it hit May 4. 

I've read through the last few pages here and it appears to be mostly Europe & Eurasia region .. but if anyone else out there is waiting on Central America, hopefully that either helps or increases your anxiety. If it's the latter ... sorry! 

As far as notifying Fulbright, the e-mail I received (as an alternate candidate) stated that principal candidates have about a month from the time they are notified to make a decision. I don't think it would reflect poorly at all if you accepted the CBYX and withdrew from Fulbright. In fact, I'm pretty certain that's why they select so many alternates, being that many of us have applied for other funding/grad school programs as well. Considering there is an age limit on CBYX, if you are really into that program, I would probably go for that, just because it's possible to receive for a Fulbright again at a later time and you could still put your Fulbright status on your resume/CV. (I'm a little biased though--As an alternate candidate, I am desperately hoping in the back of my mind that Germany will somehow end up with enough funding to bump me up to P status before the end of this summer. *wishful thinking*)

Bittersweet news for me: alternate status for my application to do research in Hungary. Honored to have made it so far and hoping that it still works out. Anybody have any insight as to how often alternatives are bumped up in the Central European region? :)

Bittersweet news for me: alternate status for my application to do research in Hungary. Honored to have made it so far and hoping that it still works out. Anybody have any insight as to how often alternatives are bumped up in the Central European region? :)

I don't know the specifics, but my understanding is that it really all depends on who the Principle candidates were and what other offers they may have.  If they choose something else, I think that's usually what opens a spot for an Alternate.  Good luck!!! And congrats on making it this far!!!!

Any other Sub-Saharan Africa applicants have any guesses when they might be find out ? 

Hi Photogeographic, I am a SSA applicant.  SSA applicants found out on April 21st last year and on April 15th the year before that.  Notifications seems to be coming out a little bit earlier this year, though, so fingers crossed that we don't have to wait that long.

Hi Photogeographic, I am a SSA applicant.  SSA applicants found out on April 21st last year and on April 15th the year before that.  Notifications seems to be coming out a little bit earlier this year, though, so fingers crossed that we don't have to wait that long.

So glad I'm not aloneeee !!!