Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Germany recipients, find us on the facebook group! "Fulbright Germany 2015-2016"

Crossing my fingers for everyone waiting to hear back, whether still waiting for the initial or an alternate hoping to be bumped up. waiting is THE WORST. and no matter what, there are so many success stories on here of people who applied multiple times and got it on a 2nd or 3rd try. don't give up if this is what you really want!

Hey everyone. Stumbled upon this page in an anxiety-induced for Fulbright notification news. Wanted to share an email I received from my FPA yesterday. She said she spoke with the program officer for Central America, and that news should be shared early next week at the latest. This is pretty shocking considering average notification time since 2008 has been second to third week of April. I think two years ago it hit May 4. 

I've read through the last few pages here and it appears to be mostly Europe & Eurasia region .. but if anyone else out there is waiting on Central America, hopefully that either helps or increases your anxiety. If it's the latter ... sorry! 

God, I wonder if this also includes applicants to the Caribbean.

Hi all, has anyone tried to log on to the Student Service Portal? When I click 'forgot password' like they say to and type in my email, it just comes back "email address unknown," which makes me nervous! 

Same. Maybe some temporary technical difficulties? I wasn't sure whether to contact someone or wait a little bit.

Germany recipients, find us on the facebook group! "Fulbright Germany 2015-2016"

Crossing my fingers for everyone waiting to hear back, whether still waiting for the initial or an alternate hoping to be bumped up. waiting is THE WORST. and no matter what, there are so many success stories on here of people who applied multiple times and got it on a 2nd or 3rd try. don't give up if this is what you really want!

I tried searching that on Facebook but got nothing. Any suggestions for other search terms?

Same. Maybe some temporary technical difficulties? I wasn't sure whether to contact someone or wait a little bit.

Thats weird because I was able to register....

whaynes2, on 19 Mar 2015 - 4:36 PM, said:snapback.png

Has anyone tried to contact the Fulbright commission in the country they applied for to ask about expected announcement dates? I'm so temped to email or tweet them.

NOT a good idea.

Why not? They've already made their choices anyways. It's not like they'll rescind an offer because someone asked this question. And I figure they're sympathetic to the fact there are a number of people waiting to make plans based on what they have to say. And it's not like you're asking them to tell you your results early.  

Edited by mekkababble1

Thats weird because I was able to register....

Actually, I just tried it after waiting an hour and it worked just fine. Either it was a glitch or I'm not a pro with technology. Glad to be on either way!

Hey guys! I just stumbled upon this a few minutes ago during a frenzied search for any sort of notification day estimates and I have to say, it is nice to know there are so many people who understand the struggle right now. I was recommended for an ETA in Georgia and my FPA has told me that all she could find out about their usual notification dates was that it will probably be sometime between today and May 15th (aka the day before I graduate aka CUE ALL OF THE STRESS CRYING.) I was just wondering if there were any other Georgia hopefuls out there and if you guys had received any better/more specific/less panic inducing info

Hi all, has anyone tried to log on to the Student Service Portal? When I click 'forgot password' like they say to and type in my email, it just comes back "email address unknown," which makes me nervous! 

It is still and/or again working for me, like it was overnight.

Hi, are you Jochen? Because I found this group a few days ago:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1480189952225916/

(but I don't think that's your group.) Could you send a link by PM?

Hey guys! I just stumbled upon this a few minutes ago during a frenzied search for any sort of notification day estimates and I have to say, it is nice to know there are so many people who understand the struggle right now. I was recommended for an ETA in Georgia and my FPA has told me that all she could find out about their usual notification dates was that it will probably be sometime between today and May 15th (aka the day before I graduate aka CUE ALL OF THE STRESS CRYING.) I was just wondering if there were any other Georgia hopefuls out there and if you guys had received any better/more specific/less panic inducing info

You can look at some of the tabs on this spreadsheet and it will show you former Georgia dates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/t9xTrTMFEvKlBgJlTAN33iw/htmlview?pli=1#

Historically, Georgia has sent theirs out between 3/28 and 4/29

whaynes2, on 19 Mar 2015 - 4:36 PM, said:snapback.png

Why not? They've already made their choices anyways. It's not like they'll rescind an offer because someone asked this question. And I figure they're sympathetic to the fact there are a number of people waiting to make plans based on what they have to say. And it's not like you're asking them to tell you your results early.  

There's a reason why this is coordinated via the Fulbright Commission Stateside and not with the host country Commission. Not only are you placing the host country in a weird situation, but if a trend starts of folks e-mailing both IIE and host Commissions it'd inundate them needlessly. You don't want IIE to have to single you out in order to tell you to cease communication with a Commission you probably shouldn't be communicating with anyway. Further, I'm pretty much sure a host country's Commission wouldn't be able to tell you anything different from what IIE tells you anyway.

A tweet is different though, as someone else at the Commission is probably tasked with handling social media stuff. I wouldn't e-mail directly.

Anyone waiting to hear from Malaysia?

Yes! Me! I imagine we should hear fairly soon as other SE Asia and other large grant countries have already come out... Or at least that's what I'm hoping. Anyone else on here for Malaysia ETA?

Edited by ajcrvg