Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Very excited to have received the Germany ETA as well! Congrats to everyone!!

When do we learn about our specific placement? Or am I missing something nestled in the information they sent us?

I've seen in the past that specific notification varies by state. Some found out in April, others in mid-May, and others still quite late. I think the PAD takes over after we become full-fledged grantees and not just pre-grantees. I could be misremembering, though.

Congrats everyone!

I've seen in the past that specific notification varies by state. Some found out in April, others in mid-May, and others still quite late. I think the PAD takes over after we become full-fledged grantees and not just pre-grantees. I could be misremembering, though.

From what I remember, you're right that PAD takes over (they're actually the ones that select from the pool of recommended candidates), but in general everyone typically finds out at the same time regarding placement. At least that was how my year and the preceding year went.

First time poster, here! Just received India Research/Study today. Curious about everyone else's plans on this forum post-Fulbright, though. Am I the only one not intending to get a PhD afterwards? 

Thank you all for helping me survive these past two months! It means a lot :)

Would anyone happen to know how many alternates are typically named for a country? I'm bummed to be an alternate, I only applied to one master program in Munich this year, so I have no idea what I'll be doing if the DAAD doesn't come through, or if I don't get moved up from alternate status. I really can't picture another person turning down a grant to Germany unless something crazy happened, but I'm curious as to how many alternates there might be. Trying to find some sort of hope on this disappointing day...

I really can't picture another person turning down a grant to Germany unless something crazy happened

Often times, for people who have applied to multiple programs, they receive a time-sensitive offer for another program before they hear if they are accepted at all into the Fulbright. So they sometimes go with the certain offer rather than the uncertain, future offer from Fulbright, thus leading them to withdraw later when they receive an acceptance notification. So, basically, there is hope.

Edited by TheExile0901

Super pleased to see all the newly minted Fulbrighters, especially the India study/research folks. I'm also India research/study and I haven't received any emails - and believe me, I have checked everywhere. Should I be worried?

I'm in the same boat. Did they email you about anything? I'm also India/research study applicant. The program coordinator emailed me about having official transcripts last week, I followed up  with him today, and he said, "will be in touch with you, if they dont come within the next few buisness days". 

Not sure if its a good sign or not!? Driving me crazy. 

First time poster, here! Just received India Research/Study today. Curious about everyone else's plans on this forum post-Fulbright, though. Am I the only one not intending to get a PhD afterwards? 

Thank you all for helping me survive these past two months! It means a lot :)

Med School. I also applied for India Research/Study today. Didnt receive any emails yet. :(

So I had an email exchange with the FPA at my alma mater today. Her emails suggest she knows something but wouldn't say it. At least that's how it came across to me. Do you guys know whether the FPAs are informed before applicants or vice versa? I contacted her because the wait is really getting into me and now I'm even more frustrated. What's the big idea UK?

So I had an email exchange with the FPA at my alma mater today. Her emails suggest she knows something but wouldn't say it. At least that's how it came across to me. Do you guys know whether the FPAs are informed before applicants or vice versa? I contacted her because the wait is really getting into me and now I'm even more frustrated. What's the big idea UK?

My FPA actually doesn't get the final list of selected applicants until like mid-summer, and requests that we inform her as we receive notifications throughout the spring. So I don't know if it differs by type of school perhaps (I gradated from a very large Public Ivy-type) but I was under the impression that all of the medical clearances/etc; had to go through before the FPAs would have that information. 

@chethedoctor: My FPA was included as a CC in my acceptance email. I think it's the FPA's decision if they want to be included or not. Here's what IIE put at the end of my email.

'Copy to Fulbright Program Adviser (if enrolled).'

Not sure they get a list ahead of time except at the recommendation stage...

I haven't gotten an email about missing transcripts or anything being lacking from my application, plus all the correspondence I've had about Fulbright (mainly the CLEA award) with Marla have gone straight to my email. I'm freaking out a little stressed but I'm thinking it'll come by the end of the week or at the very latest next Tuesday.

Did anyone receive a request to resend their transcript(s) for Germany?

I sent directly through 3 schools in January..

Edited by Stopthat