Acceptances/rejections/funding in MTS/M.A./M.Div for 2014??!!

FandT1

I haven't heard anything yet, but not from lack of checking my email (including spambox-because you never know), actual mail, cellphone, and applicant webpage. Oh, and you know, the whole lurking on the gradcafe forums to see if anyone has heard anything new from the various MTS/MAR/MDiv programs.

xypathos, why will you not hear from Vandy until March 15? On their site it says that decisions should come out within 3-6 weeks after the Jan 15 priority deadline. March 15 is like 8 weeks after that deadline. 

guys hds decisions go out the second friday of march. you won't hear anything, good or bad, before then. pm me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. (for the last three years running)

edit: around the second week of march; 13-15th

Edited by doobiebrothers

Thanks for catching that, not sure how I messed that up. Makes me feel better about not having to wait until March for two schools.

xypathos, why will you not hear from Vandy until March 15? On their site it says that decisions should come out within 3-6 weeks after the Jan 15 priority deadline. March 15 is like 8 weeks after that deadline.

I was in last year's master program application cycle and remember how terribly annoying the waiting was. HDS decisions are released in one lump sum, but for BC and YDS they seemed to trickle out ever so slowly, with those admitted early being quite vocal about it (read: stress and utter despair). However, if you aren't the first to hear, fear not, because it doesn't mean you are rejected or receiving no fellowship money. 

Last year I heard back from:

Boston College School of Theology and Ministry with 100% tuition on March 5th

Harvard Divinity School MTS in Religion, Politics, and Ethics with 75% tuition on March 13th.

Yale Divinity School MAR Ethics with 100% Tuition on March 15th. 

Hopefully this gives you a reason to relax for the next month. 

Peace! 

The University of Minnesota, Department of Classical and Near Eastern Studies, made me a generous offer for admission to the MA in Religions in Antiquity on Wednesday. I was mostly applying to funded MAs due to lack of personal finances, and they're the first program I've heard from.

University of Minnesota (MA Religions in Antiquity); Indiana University (MA Religion); University of Notre Dame (Master of Theological Studies); Duke University (MA Religion -- not funded, I know); Wake Forest University (MA Religion).

I'm coming from an evangelical seminary context, and trying to get out of that world.

Looking at the results posted here: In 2013 Vandy began notifying MDiv applicants the second week of February. However in 2012 they were notified the last week of February. So...here's to hoping that it'll be this week but in reality, it could be another two weeks. Either way, it's March 15 for Yale so it's not like I can make a real decision until they're all in.

DCole,

Have they updated your online application to reflect your admitted status? I ask to see how dependable checking the site is.

I'm waiting to hear back, but I put a request to hear back before the 14th--so perhaps anyday now. Same boat with Candler.

Thanks.