Acceptances/rejections/funding in MTS/M.A./M.Div for 2014??!!

FandT1

Has anyone else heard back from Notre Dame?

I'm still waiting. I applied to the Biblical Studies concentration. I'm curious too if anyone else has heard back. Give me a reason to hope, people! :D

Oh Notre Dame. I'm sitting down with Mark Goodacre at Duke next week, and I got back just a week ago from the University of Minnesota, so I suppose in the end I'm not that interested in ND, but if someone else has heard I imagine we have 2-3 days before we can take our lack of a reply as a rejection.

I'm curious as to the Notre Dame situation; their website says that they offer 25-30 students, yet I've only seen the one post regarding MTS acceptance. Maybe it's staggered by program of study?

I'm curious as to the Notre Dame situation; their website says that they offer 25-30 students, yet I've only seen the one post regarding MTS acceptance. Maybe it's staggered by program of study?

Others have explored the possibility of the sole acceptance's trolling, but I take him at his word and imagine it's authentic. There were probably exceptional circumstances surrounding that acceptance and that we'll all hear back soon.

I found this bit underneath their Q & A section a few weeks ago:

Q. How many students apply to the M.T.S. Program? What is the size of each M.T.S. class?

A. Almost 200 students apply each year to the M.T.S. Program. We are able to offer admission to 25-30 students and place 5 students on a waitlist, in order to arrive at a class of approximately 20 students.

Perhaps the Department of Theology just wants to test the state of each applicant's cardiovascular health before extending an offer; I'm sure more than a few people are having heart palpations over this one.

After going through this w/ ND last year (sigh), it was my understanding that the offers of acceptance went out at the same time (possibly waitlist notifications, too), so if we haven't heard, we appear to be SOL. My official rejection notice came at the end of the month. Sooo... I would say (but I'm a pessimist, too) abandon hope all ye who linger here.

For what its worth, I followed the masters forum last year, and I seem to remember only a single person on the forum got accepted (if I remember the complaints correctly). Not to put a damper on things, but I guess it can happen. Maybe the true geniuses aren't surfing web forums but instead are at home studying languages... B)

My HDS application says the same--"submitted".

For those who are curious: it seems that last year people started hearing back from HDS on March 13; i.e. the second Wednesday of the month.  Now, that in itself means nothing.  I'm just sayin'.

So I may or may not have checked what date HDS, historically at least, has submitted decisions... 

Typically the 11th, 12th, or 13th. I'd say if not Wed, Thurs would be likely. I don't recall them ever submitting decisions on the 15th. It's typically earlier than that :)

No high hopes for me though... No academic theological studies background, and my biggest POI is going to be on sabbatical 1 of the 2 years I'd be there. Buddhist studies is a tough cookie to crack at HDS (or so it seems, at least). We'll see!

Just received a call from Candler informing me that I was awarded an 18,000 dollar scholarship. Vandy's offer is better (full tuition) so it's really down to them and Yale (should hear from them within a few days).

Got into Islamic Studies program at GTU. After two earlier rejections from Duke and Washington, this brought a sigh of relief! Still waiting up on HDS though like most people here.

Congrats!

Does GTU offer funding?

Edited by Averroes MD

So I may or may not have checked what date HDS, historically at least, has submitted decisions... 

Typically the 11th, 12th, or 13th. I'd say if not Wed, Thurs would be likely. I don't recall them ever submitting decisions on the 15th. It's typically earlier than that :)

Yikes! Right around the corner then.

Just received a call from Candler informing me that I was awarded an 18,000 dollar scholarship. Vandy's offer is better (full tuition) so it's really down to them and Yale (should hear from them within a few days).

If you would be so kind as to turn down Candler's offer and re-direct that scholarship money to me, I would be much obliged! That's how it works right? Scholarships are transferable...? Oh, I guess not...

Here is an update for those interested in YDS--I probably should have mentioned this a little earlier. The admissions email I received informing me of my acceptance said, "Your application status will be updated to reflect your admission on Saturday, March 15th" and "Provided all of your documents are received by the March 1st date, a financial aid award will be sent to you via email on March 15th.  You will have until April 15th to notify us of your decision."

Here's to this Saturday.