Acceptances/rejections/funding in MTS/M.A./M.Div for 2014??!!

FandT1

I just recieved an email from Candler. Their offer was depressing: 12,000/yr through the Baptist fund. To be honest, I am a little shocked at how low the offer was, esp. considering the generous offers elsewhere that I have received.

I believe I'll hear back from Vanderbilt today--regardless of full-ride or otherwise--since I requested to hear back by today. I'll update when I hear.

I know that the year you apply seems like it takes longer to hear back than any previous year...but I am seriously betting that all the snow storms and snow days might have slowed down the application process for some schools this year.

Edited by W.Churchill

Hey All,

I got a call yesterday. 100% scholarship from Vanderbilt. The woman on the phone said admissions decisions were made yesterday morning and that they will begin releasing the information the coming week(s).

I think that was for MTS; I applied MDIV. Also be mindful that decisions can be reached earlier for those requesting it. From what I gathered on the phone Friday, the admissions committee met Friday morning and made admissions and scholarship decisions at that time. I only received a call because I had requested a notification of admissions/funding by Feb. 14. She mentioned that offical notifications were going to be sent out soon.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to throw this out ya'll - if you you applied to a ton of Mdiv programs ( as I did), be sure to negotiate a little. In some cases the top places are very amenable to matching offers from candidates they really want.

Blessings and peace as you apply, and feel free to PM me if you want any help thinking that part through. 

I don't remember what date I asked to be notified by. Probably March 15, given Yale notifies then.

On that note, my application to Union was complete on 1/13 and I notified that I would have a decision within four weeks, at the latest. That time has come and gone, is it "okay" for me to now call and inquire on the status?

Not sure if this means I was rejected. Logged into the admission status portal for Princeton Seminary today. It says "Decision letter has been mailed". There is also a portal for "Admitted students who want to confirm". When I try to log into that it just brings me back to the screen that says "Decision letter has been mailed." 

I'm assuming that since there are no options for me to confirm, my letter will be a rejection. Is this a safe assumption?

Not sure if this means I was rejected....

I didn't apply to PTS and don't know anything specific about it, so take what I'm about to share with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't read too much into it. One of the schools I applied to sent a login and password in the acceptance letter for me to log into their site if I wanted to accept their offer, so PTS may do something similar and your login credentials are included in your letter. Or, like Emory's OPUS, you might have to create a new/different account to log into that particular site. I wouldn't stress too much until you hear an official response...now you just have to sit at home and never leave for the next 5 days knowing that a letter has been mailed...

I think I'm the only one here applying to Union but spoke with someone yesterday and the rolling admissions process is a bit off. While decisions are made on a rolling basis, applicants aren't actually notified until sometime in March.

Anyone know when Notre Dame typically makes decisions for MTS and MA-ECS? I presume it would be after their interview weekend for Ph.D., but that's just a guess.

Notifications of acceptance are generally sent out first week or two of March. Denials are generally toward the end of the month.

I got accepted to UChicago AM today with 50% funding! I am waiting for MTS also...

Hey Safaliy! Congrats to your acceptance! Looks like we're in the same boat in waiting for HDS!

Yeah, I received partial funding from UChicago as well (75% for MDiv), but the calculations for student loans for living expenses are crushing me, and they won't get any better for living in Cambridge. Alas...