Acceptances/rejections/funding in MTS/M.A./M.Div for 2014??!!

FandT1

I'm new to thread as well,

I see I'm not the only one waiting on HDS for an MTS announcement. I had the nerve to apply for a PhD at Harvard and had my application re-directed to HDS a few weeks ago; did anyone else have this happen?

This happens a lot. One of my classmates at Yale applied to the Religious Studies PhD at Yale (Asian Religion) right out of undergrad and his application was redirected to YDS for the MAR. There is a largely unwritten rule that you have to have a masters in religion before being admitted to the PhD, especially if your field is heavy on languages needed. This is actually the normal way PhD programs ran back in the day, the MA "en route" being a much newer innovation. Religious studies is one of the only fields that hasn't really made the shift, largely because reading ancient texts in the original language requires a substantial amount of language study that simply can't be done to proficiency level in two years of coursework.

Apparently, yes, everyone got that mail. Although my wishful side desperatly wants me to believe that this is some sort of hint :P

Haha me too. Saw the email and heart skipped a beat.

That email was a world-class example of trolling... That bit about "Waiting to Hear" was like giving a starving man a picture filled menu. Oh well, only a week or so until the announcements. 

That email was a world-class example of trolling... That bit about "Waiting to Hear" was like giving a starving man a picture filled menu. Oh well, only a week or so until the announcements. 

downright cruel.  I nearly jumped out of my seat in the middle of a bloody client meeting.  My mind went to Spring Happenings... you get admitted!  Oy.  

I have a question. I was accepted to the MTS program at Notre Dame, and the website indicates that all MTS students receive a full tuition scholarship, which I have received. My question relates to the way that the scholarship letter is worded. After it tells me I got the tuition award and everything, it says the following:

"Support is renewable in subsequent years subject to the availability of funds, provided you maintain satisfactory progress toward your degree."

I'm wondering if this is something that they just put in all of their letters, or if there is a legitimate chance for them to not renew the scholarship in my second year because of "the [lack of] availability of funds."

Anyone have any insight?

I have a question. I was accepted to the MTS program at Notre Dame, and the website indicates that all MTS students receive a full tuition scholarship, which I have received. My question relates to the way that the scholarship letter is worded. After it tells me I got the tuition award and everything, it says the following:

"Support is renewable in subsequent years subject to the availability of funds, provided you maintain satisfactory progress toward your degree."

I'm wondering if this is something that they just put in all of their letters, or if there is a legitimate chance for them to not renew the scholarship in my second year because of "the [lack of] availability of funds."

Anyone have any insight?

Congrats! Do you know if all those accepted have been notified?

It's a common "clause" in nearly every acceptance offer.

ND is well enough off financially that I feel confident you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks, that was my initial thought, but then you start overthinking, and get worried unnecessarily.

I wish you were, oh how I wish you were...!

Oh yeah, and regarding the wording of the scholarship offer, I wouldn't worry about, all the offers I've got so far have had the same language.

Edited by Café com Leite

Does anyone have any sense of how to decide between the Notre Dame MTS and Boston College MTS? While ND is offering full tuition and fees, BC is offering full tuition plus a 10K non-service stipend with the opportunity to apply for an assistantship (which could be around an additional 10K, at least according to how I understand it).