Going Crazy

MattH1

So I applied to the University of Oklahoma on january 15th for the chemistry phd program. It is now February 12th, so I still have some waiting to do. How is everyone else preventing themselves from going insane during the waiting process? Also if anybody out there has gotten into OU for grad, when did you hear back? 

So I applied to the University of Oklahoma on january 15th for the chemistry phd program. It is now February 12th, so I still have some waiting to do. How is everyone else preventing themselves from going insane during the waiting process? Also if anybody out there has gotten into OU for grad, when did you hear back? 

I'd recommend staying off of Grad Cafe as long as you can. I'm right on the cusp of several notifications and I can't tear myself away.

Alternatively, binge drinking seems to be a common theme. To each his own.

i applied for a school back in December and still haven't heard back! i've been going crazy, especially all of last month, and then finally heard back from two schools today! the waiting game sucks, but no news is better than bad news right? best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just knowing that deadlines are not indicative of when you'll hear back might help you cope ...

For example, I heard from my February 1 and January 15 deadline universities a week before I heard from the January 4 deadline university.

And yeah, I did a specific search on the results page to see when I might hear back from my specific program.  This turned out to not be all too accurate, though, especially because the weather has been so bad here in the northeast this year.

Also, something to give a bit of solace to the wait is that April 14th is about when schools ask for their first choices to make their decisions so this can stretch on. There's a chance you get contacted beyond that. I've even heard of acceptances coming as late as June.