Rejection thread

ianfaircloud

They haven't gotten around to uploading your rejection yet, perhaps.

Possibly, though when I spoke with the graduate coordinator on Thursday, she said decisions would be available by March 15th.

Possibly, though when I spoke with the graduate coordinator on Thursday, she said decisions would be available by March 15th.

It sounds like you already have an idea of what it means, then. Anyway, it's still the 15th, so try checking again at the end of the day. I think it's unlikely that you're accepted or waitlisted and they haven't told you. I get the feeling that you're hoping someone mentions that possibility.

It sounds like you already have an idea of what it means, then. Anyway, it's still the 15th, so try checking again at the end of the day. I think it's unlikely that you're accepted or waitlisted and they haven't told you. I get the feeling that you're hoping someone mentions that possibility.

I am definitely not waiting on an acceptance, I would've heard something by now for sure. But perhaps a waitlist, since Michigan has been calling people to tell them they have been waitlisted over the past few days. Who knows. Probably a rejection, but I would appreciate them at long last sending me my rejection letter along with everybody else's. 

I am definitely not waiting on an acceptance, I would've heard something by now for sure. But perhaps a waitlist, since Michigan has been calling people to tell them they have been waitlisted over the past few days. Who knows. Probably a rejection, but I would appreciate them at long last sending me my rejection letter along with everybody else's. 

They didn't send us a rejection letter either. We had to check through the UM Friend Account.

still no communication at all from Columbia - think it's fair to email them at this point? do they have an internal waitlist or anything?

Of course. Do that. If you are wait listed, you will learn this from their response. 

still no communication at all from Columbia - think it's fair to email them at this point? do they have an internal waitlist or anything?

I've not heard from Columbia either though I'm assuming I've been rejected and it's just an oversight. Though, it's probably not a bad idea to check just to be sure. 

Got my rejection from Johns Hopkins in the mail.

Same.

Goddammit.

Sorry to hear about the rejections. I've been out town, so I checked my mail today for the first time since last Wednesday and found nothing. I wonder whether that's because I'm not rejected or because it takes mail longer to travel to the West Coast (where I currently live).  :(

Same.

Goddammit.

Got my rejection from Johns Hopkins in the mail.

Sorry to hear about the rejections. I've been out town, so I checked my mail today for the first time since last Wednesday and found nothing. I wonder whether that's because I'm not rejected or because it takes mail longer to travel to the West Coast (where I currently live).  :(

Indeed, it was the second: I received my letter today, most likely because I live further away (and so the mail took an extra day to arrive). I am officially denied by Johns Hopkins.  

Has anybody heard anything from SUNY Binghamton or FSU

Rejections: UofO, UofA, Brown, NYU

A friend of mine was accepted and nominated for a fellowship at FSU in late January. But aside from him, I know of no one else who has been admitted, rejected, or wait listed. Have you tried emailing the department?