Any sub-3.0 in yet?

123hardasABC

Does anybody know if Icahn email applicants regarding receiving their application? I submitted my application last week, but I am still to get any sort of communication from them regarding my application. Is that normal?

After submitting my application, I never received any confirmation from them. I didn't contact them directly until after I received an acceptance notification (via email). If you do choose to contact them like mahmad did, your contact with the admissions department will be Christine (christine.cortalano@mssm.edu). My turn around time between submitting my SOPHAS and getting the acceptance was about two weeks (for exact dates, the first acceptance in my signature is from Icahn), but I did apply early so I don't know if that differs than from applying now.

Also, it can take a little time for SOPHAS to mail out the applications after you've submitted.

Sorry, I can't be more informative.

I need one more school to apply to because 3 isn't enough nor is 4 I hear..lol

I am interested in University of S. Cali.

University of Michigan

University of Albany

St. Louis University

I just didn't hear anyone talking about either schools I might just choose one from this list. I just haven't heard anything in particular and my gpa is a 2.91since i updated my transcript at school and was awarded the credit they fail to give me last semester. 

I haven't taken the GREs nor had a chance to study since I am taking 20 credits this semester I've only focused on the semester. I have a feeling that I won't do well on the GREs.

Edited by olamiss

quick question...I applied to University of Miami MSPH program like almost two months ago. They really were supposed to get back to me with a decision like 3 weeks after submission of my application tops. I contacted the admission guy two weeks ago and he said that I would be getting a decision "any day now". It's been two weeks from that communication and still haven't heard back from them. Should I send a friendly reminder to hurry up?

quick question...I applied to University of Miami MSPH program like almost two months ago. They really were supposed to get back to me with a decision like 3 weeks after submission of my application tops. I contacted the admission guy two weeks ago and he said that I would be getting a decision "any day now". It's been two weeks from that communication and still haven't heard back from them. Should I send a friendly reminder to hurry up?

They don't have anyway you can check you status. I'm pretty sure it may come soon.

Hello, 

I graduated with biology with a 2.5 and only applied to a handful of schools to see where I would get in but I'm getting worried. I had a 155/151/6 score on the GRE and a lot of work, volunteering, and research experience and solid letters of rec.

I applied to: USC, NYU, SDSU, and UofT 

Waitlisted: NYU (anyone know what the chances are of getting off the wait list?)

Rejected from USC and UofT 

Getting worried :unsure:

Anyone know if any other schools in CA are still accepting apps?

USC is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I think all the UCs are already in the decisions phase. Maybe some Cal States?

University of Arizona(Rolling)(AZ)

University of North Texas(Rolling)(TX)

Tulane University (Rolling)(LA)

Lloma Linda University (July 30th)(CA)

University of Southern California (June 1st)(CA)

Saint Louis University (Rolling)(MO)

Washington University in St. Louis (Rolling)(MO)

University of Michigan (Rolling)(MI)

Northwestern University (July 15th)(IL)

Oregon U Consortium (July 1st)(OR)

University of Albany (May 1st) (NY)

Touro University (July 15th)(CA)

University of S. Florida (June 1st)(FL)

University of Florida (July 6th)(Doesn't use SOPHAS)(FL)

Northwest Ohio Consortium (June 15th)(Doesn't use SOPHAS)(OH)(Doesn't require GREs)

Stonybrook University (May 1st)(NY)

Rutgers University (May 1st)(NJ)

Drexel University (June15th)(PA)

Mt. Sinai (August 1st) (NY)

IUPUI (July 1st)(IN) 

Louisiana State University (May 1st)

UCLA (I believe they are on rolling until spots are filled)(CA)

University of Maryland (I believe they are on a rolling now until spots are filled at Baltimore campus)(MD)

University of Pittsburg (depends on the program, so it varies).

West Virginia University (June 1st)(WV)

This what I can remember from memory,  this list should be good for you for now. Make sure they have what you plan to study as well. They are all CEPH-accredited as well.  :D

O_O thank you so much omg

NP. I'm in the process so this what i remembered. At this point I am choosing one more school and then I am done with graduate school stuff. Good luck!! Keep us update.

On 4/7/2014 at 3:02 AM, olamiss said:

University of Arizona(Rolling)(AZ)

University of North Texas(Rolling)(TX)

Tulane University (Rolling)(LA)

Lloma Linda University (July 30th)(CA)

University of Southern California (June 1st)(CA)

Saint Louis University (Rolling)(MO)

Washington University in St. Louis (Rolling)(MO)

University of Michigan (Rolling)(MI)

Northwestern University (July 15th)(IL)

Oregon U Consortium (July 1st)(OR)

University of Albany (May 1st) (NY)

Touro University (July 15th)(CA)

University of S. Florida (June 1st)(FL)

University of Florida (July 6th)(Doesn't use SOPHAS)(FL)

Northwest Ohio Consortium (June 15th)(Doesn't use SOPHAS)(OH)(Doesn't require GREs)

Stonybrook University (May 1st)(NY)

Rutgers University (May 1st)(NJ)

Drexel University (June15th)(PA)

Mt. Sinai (August 1st) (NY)

IUPUI (July 1st)(IN) 

Louisiana State University (May 1st)

UCLA (I believe they are on rolling until spots are filled)(CA)

University of Maryland (I believe they are on a rolling now until spots are filled at Baltimore campus)(MD)

University of Pittsburg (depends on the program, so it varies).

West Virginia University (June 1st)(WV)

This what I can remember from memory,  this list should be good for you for now. Make sure they have what you plan to study as well. They are all CEPH-accredited as well.  :D

O_O that is some memory!

I want to go to University of Minnesota badly, I was told to apply Spring 2015 since I take the GREs after the deadline -_- . I guess it wasn't meant to be.

or University of Albany

Edited by olamiss

I am happy to announce of my acceptance to the MPH program at University of Miami. It's good to be given a chance to study about the feel you love. So pumped about this...

I am happy to announce of my acceptance to the MPH program at University of Miami. It's good to be given a chance to study about the feel you love. So pumped about this...

Congratualtions!

Yay!! I told you  :D