NC State Masters Analytics

throwaway1234

6 hours ago, yxe127 said:

Two more updates, one person submitted on Jan 30 was invited for interview on 22 and admitted on 23; One person submitted on Jan 28 was invited for interview on 22 and admitted on 24. For those who submitted application in January, if you haven't selected for interview yet, your chance to get in is very very little.... I submitted my application on Jan 23rd, two people from my school has been admitted and they both submitted before me. I sent an emial to NCSU to ask about my application status and then I received the rejection on the monring of the second day..... Great....I guess now I can wait for other schools. One more thing from my friend who has been admitted, she told me that the program has admitted 70 people so far. The program plan to admit 10 people each month. Good luck to everyone and good luck to myself!!!

When were your friends notified about the interview? Two people I know who were admitted said they were notified about an interview 4-5 weeks after they submitted their application. Submitted mine January 30th so hoping to hear something soon, but your post above is not exactly encouraging lol. 

29 minutes ago, qwerty123123 said:

When were your friends notified about the interview? Two people I know who were admitted said they were notified about an interview 4-5 weeks after they submitted their application. Submitted mine January 30th so hoping to hear something soon, but your post above is not exactly encouraging lol. 

If you are international applicant and still haven't heard anything yet, your chance is very very little...If you are domestic applicant, you still have chance. You can wait for at least one more week. According to people I know, they were invited for interview  4-5 weeks after submitting the application. If your profile is competitive, then it would be 1-2 weeks. 

Hi Guys , 

I got the interview invitation mail today ,yet to schedule my interview .

i submitted my application on January 31st i am an international applicant kindly help  me how to prepare for the interview ...

thanks in advance

21 hours ago, qwerty123123 said:

Does anyone know if they are evaluating applicants during their spring break? (This week)

I got reply to my mail from ncsu admission team today : They mentioned that my application is still under review (as this year it's taking longer time to review, due to the increase in the number of applications) . I completed mine on Jan 31st.

Edited by Aquamarine25

2 hours ago, Aquamarine25 said:

I got reply to my mail from ncsu admission team today : They mentioned that my application is still under review (as this year it's taking longer time to review, due to the increase in the number of applications) . I completed mine on Jan 31st.

Thank you for the update. Are you an international or domestic applicant?

3 hours ago, qwerty123123 said:

Thank you for the update. Are you an international or domestic applicant?

I'm an international applicant  (nc resident though - on work visa), not sure if it makes a difference.

Edited by Aquamarine25

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 11:22 AM, missanalytics said:

anyone who was interviewed and still hasn't heard back?

those who have been admitted-> any idea how many students have been admitted so far?

have interviewed back in feb and hasn't heard back. i'm an international applicant.  i think the chance of an admit gets lower as each day passes by..i'm losing hope in it..

14 hours ago, sano18 said:

have interviewed back in feb and hasn't heard back. i'm an international applicant.  i think the chance of an admit gets lower as each day passes by..i'm losing hope in it..

I was interviewed in January. there's still little hope until rejection is received

I was interviewed on 2/28, and have yet to receive any update. My hope it that, due to the rolling nature of applications, that admissions is waiting to assess other applications/interviews in order to get a fuller picture before making final decisions, causing a bit of a delay

9 hours ago, Leo99 said:

Hello all, I am a domestic applicant and I am planning to apply for the course? Is it too late now to apply for the academic year 2018?

They have mentioned in FAQs that domestic applicants should apply before April 1. However, you can always check with program coordinator. She can guide you best especially if you have a strong profile.

folks, my interview was in the 2nd week of March. I was told that the decision will be taken in two weeks but haven't heard anything yet.  I am an out-of-state applicant. Is no-news  is good news or they just wait until they admit the best candidates and inform the unlucky ones at the end? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, almqua said:

Just received my admissions decision (acceptance), so hopefully everyone else will hear back soon as well!

Hi can you help with the interview things. What kind of questions were asked and how to prepare for the interview/.