Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Hi! I am on the same boat. My impression is that our forms are presently being assessed and that's why that part is presently blank. I gotta admit that  CAMSIS feels pretty bland at first sight but it is actually a roller coaster of emotions!

Yes, turns out you're right. I got the following email from a query I sent to graduate admissions before posting here, or on TSR:

Dear Applicant

Due to a recent update to our records system, “Scholarship Applications” under “Tracking Your Finances” is no longer visible in Self Service.  It is not indicative of success or otherwise with regards to your application for funding.  Successful applicants will be notified once the outcome is known and the time line for this is available on the page below.

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/studentregistry/fees/funding/index.html

Regards

Graduate Admissions

Current Stanford grad students were emailed the list of admits this evening. Congrats to anybody who's on it. :) We took 24 admits (happy to break down by field if anyone wants to know - most fields only take one or two).

Would love to know the breakdown by fields. US especially.

Looks like Harvard has done its acceptances. Does anyone know if they do wait-listing?  I assume most people who get accepted to Harvard go to Harvard.

Edited by Chiqui74

Looks like Harvard has done its acceptances. Does anyone know if they do wait-listing?  I assume most people who get accepted to Harvard go to Harvard.

It's entirely possible they have only done a few. They were closed for two whole days. Maybe only the few definites have been notified at this point.

I know someone who turned Harvard down and went to Berkeley, after attending its open house.

They do, but it's not a long list, and they did not take anyone off it last year. I was also told they over-enrolled last year and that this would probably result in fewer slots this year.

It's entirely possible they have only done a few. They were closed for two whole days. Maybe only the few definites have been notified at this point.

Three, actually, if you count last week. I don't know what to think. I'll be able to say things more definitely tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by telkanuru

Hey everyone, I need advice...

So, I applied to William and Mary in January (they accepted my application late, long story).  A few days later I got an email from the registrar's office confirming my current address and I told her that our lease is up on 8/7 and she said to "feel free to update them on our next address."  As has been discussed by other commentators, W&M started notifying people already, I have not heard anything and I am getting nervous.  I have possibly two, definitely one, recommender that could send a letter on my behalf. 

Do I call my POI asking if they still want letters/am I rejected? Do I have them send letters without asking?  

Also, it's this feeling of languishing in limbo as we drift closer to doom that really irks me. The longer I go without hearing anything from these schools, the more I believe I won't be accepted anywhere.

Exactly!  That's the way I'm feeling.  Acceptances have now trickled in for half of my schools and I haven't heard anything.  It's incredibly frustrating to not be able to know anything.  At what point does one break down and email the DGS/POI for information?  My letter writers have said to do nothing but this waiting is killing me. 

I think it's pretty crappy of schools not to let everyone (accept, waitlist, reject) know at the same time, or at least within a couple of days, I commend Northwestern and Chicago for doing that.  Even the universities that do two waves can come up with some way of letting people know what's going on. It's just common courtesy, IMO.

Edited by Chiqui74