Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Realistically I'm not sure any of my schools will announce today. Maybe Rice. 

I know you're waiting on Iowa -- I'm fairly sure that Iowa sends out all their PhD acceptances at once, not in waves like some other state schools. The way it works (from what I understand) is that the ad-com meets, quickly decides who they want to nominate for funding from the graduate college, and then waits to hear back on that before making any more final decisions. So if you (or anyone else waiting on Iowa) haven't heard, I wouldn't say it means anything one way or the other at this point.

Just got an informal email from my POI at OSU letting me know I was accepted, pending final university approval!

Congratulations!!
Edited by girlscoutcookies

Oh boy. George Washington's on my list too. As someone said before, no whammy!

Also, congratulations Telkanuru

I hope you hear good news!!

For GWU it was my first grad school application, which means I hadn't truly perfected my sop by that point. I'm not surprised lol

Fingers crossed everyone hears good news today

Realistically I'm not sure any of my schools will announce today. Maybe Rice. 

Not to lower expectations (since I too am waiting for Rice), but I believe we'll definitely hear back sometime next week. Its still alittle early for UT-Austin (idk if they follow a similar schedule as UT-Arlington) and Rice. 

Congrats Telkanuru!

Edited by LeventeL

Congrats Telkanuru!!!

Right guys, I have a good feeling about today. I got a couple of restaurant review commissions, two job interviews and an email from a headhunter. Things are finally looking up, and I think this calls for a round of acceptances to really push it over the edge.

Good luck to everyone today! I hope we hear back from some more schools! Is anyone else surprised that it's already lunchtime on the East coast and not much activity yet?? 

I figured that Vandy for sure would release today. 

Good luck to everyone today! I hope we hear back from some more schools! Is anyone else surprised that it's already lunchtime on the East coast and not much activity yet??

I figured that Vandy for sure would release today.

Anna Leigh, I thought so too, though I've heard from two people now that the Vandy history department is fighting for an additional slot with the Graduate School before sending out admits.

Did you apply to Vandy? If so, what field?

telkanuru, I'm assuming that's just for the history department -- any insider info for history of science?

Yeah, and no, I have no contacts that way.

Anna Leigh, I thought so too, though I've heard from two people now that the Vandy history department is fighting for an additional slot with the Graduate School before sending out admits.

Did you apply to Vandy? If so, what field?

I've been lurking on here for a little bit, but now have to speak too. I'm waiting on Vandy as well. What are your fields Josh and Anna?

I've been lurking on here for a little bit, but now have to speak too. I'm waiting on Vandy as well. What are your fields Josh and Anna?

My field is US, specifically American Religion.