Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

At this point I'm only waiting on East Coast and Midwest programs so I'm not holding my breath this week haha although I'm assuming a rejection from Wisconsin, so at least I can scratch that one! What programs are you still waiting on?

I'm waiting for Austin, MIT, Columbia, Harvard, CUNY, Michigan, Wisconsin, Hopkins, UCLA, UMD, and Carnegie Mellon. Some I'm assuming rejections from based on results but I just want to know either way!

Michigan, Austin, and UCLA are especially getting to me since they had early deadlines.

Sorry Emory applicants. I was told all acceptances went out. They were only able to offer 2 American spots this year. The admissions committee met last week sometime.

I was told they were very impressed with my application.

I am not sad although this is my second time applying.

Edited by sankofa

Hey Ya'll I need some advice. So I was published last week by the University of Toronto and I've uploaded my recent publication onto some applications and sites. I also emailed a few POIs with whom I've kept in contact, but some schools I am not sure if I should email the dept or specific people. Thoughts?

The Minnesota portal has changed from "Awaiting program decision" to "Decision made."  Now I have to wait one business day for the decision ($10 says it's "Rejected") appears.

I saw the same thing Chiqui.  Not holding my breath for some kind of magic admission at this stage. 

I want french toast...

Guess I wont be hearing from College Park today! As Aubstopper said, "Snowpocalypse."

I think it's more of a SNOMG ( snow-mah-gawd/snow-em-gee) than a Snowpocalyspe. Something to look forward to if you decide to go to school anywhere not in california :P  

Wouldn't it be sweet if a bunch of us got into the same program? Either way I still want to follow you guys' progress through your programs :)

I'm thinking we need a Facebook page or email list or some such thing for when this is all over. 

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Feeling pretty bummed right now, I've received four rejections. Five more decisions to go, but I'm really starting to get worried.

If things don't work out I'm not too sure what I'll do next, but I'll definitely spend the next year trying to improve my application for the next go around.

I appreciate how supportive you all are on here. This is a great community.

Cheers!

Oliveur

Michigan, Austin, and UCLA are especially getting to me since they had early deadlines.

I'm also waiting on Austin and Michigan. I was told that Michigan would notify by the "third week of February" and I spoke to an Austin Professor early last week who told me the decisions process was still ongoing. Here's hoping they notify by Friday, getting a bit restless now.

Oliveur--sorry to hear about the rejections. Some really strong applicants have to go through multiple rounds, so don't give up if this year is a wash! Best of luck! What programs are you still waiting on?

Harvard, Columbia, Cornell, and the University of Oregon. I've received rejections from Princeton, Northwestern, Boston College, and University of Washington.

Thanks for the kind words. Even if it is a wash, I'll be okay, though certainly not happy for a few weeks. :P I just want to know so I can make plans for the upcoming year.

Okay, I am a bit weirded out.  Someone just reported a rejection from Vanderbilt's Graduate Department of Religion, saying they got it via email yesterday.  It is the only religion program I applied for.  The GDR adcomm works pretty closely with the History adcomm because they have a large overlap of faculty and often, of applicants as well. Campus was shut yesterday, though, so I find this a bit odd and suspicious...

Never discount the ability of trolls to ruin your day (not that is necessarily true, but it's certainly in the realm of possibilities).  Oliveur I feel your pain - I've not heard much of anything from my programs so far.  Also, I'm taking a serious break from the results page. It makes me crazy to know people are getting acceptances when I've gotten nothing. 

Happy Birthday Ivan!  Cheers from across the pond!

Still 0 for 6 in terms of hearing from programs, although it seems pretty clear that Emory was a wash.  Good luck for the rest of the week.  Any news if UNC will be open tomorrow?

Ya, me too. Though historically (ha!), most of the programs I applied to don't notify until next week and the week after (my Davis app wasn't considered for first round fellowship stuff because of transcript issues).  Still doesn't stop me from having those psychotic breaks.

I saw a rash of Boston College rejections with MA offers, but only one previous BC admittance. Are people just not reporting on the results page, or is this some strange wave notification system?

I've been wondering the same thing, as I'm also anxiously waiting for a response from BC.