Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

I'll claim one of the Vandy admits.

So far admitted to Columbia, Berkeley, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, and Wisconsin. Still waiting on Michigan and Harvard. Looks like I didn't make the cut for Chicago and NYU. The only reason I applied to so many places was that I was warned that my chances were slim anywhere and everywhere.

This is obviously surprising, but I can only choose one, so those on wait lists have a chance to grab my spots.

What's your field?

What's your field?

20th century comparative. I applied to the late modern Europe fields at most schools, and East Asian/Japan fields at others. But all the schools I applied to know that I want to work comparatively.

I'll claim one of the Vandy admits.

So far admitted to Columbia, Berkeley, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, and Wisconsin. Still waiting on Michigan and Harvard. Looks like I didn't make the cut for Chicago and NYU. The only reason I applied to so many places was that I was warned that my chances were slim anywhere and everywhere.

This is obviously surprising, but I can only choose one, so those on wait lists have a chance to grab my spots.

Congrats! You've had a brilliant cycle and plenty of great departments to choose from.

Congrats to all the other admits.

I never thought I'd have a decision to make. I was told to prepare to go through 2 application seasons!

It's funny, Chiqui, I never even considered that I'd get into Minnesota. I applied because my adviser there is so incredible I had to try, but their acceptance rate is crazy low. I think they accept somewhere between 10-12 people out of close to 200 applicants. Sorry we won't be in the same cohort there, but it looks like you've got some awesome offers to consider!

Congrats! You've had a brilliant cycle and plenty of great departments to choose from.

Congrats to all the other admits.

Thanks. Luckily you've been accepted at one of the best programs in the nation - and with one of the better placement rates.

Nothing like going to a school for two years and getting a masters there and then having them not take you for the PhD.

That should make going to class for the rest of the semester really fun...

Hey everyone! I've posted a couple of times but I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't been very consistent.  Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!  Also, condolences to those who were rejected;  I got rejected by Duke yesterday.  Hang in there!

Okay, so this is probably a bit of a long shot, but is anyone here applying for an MA or PhD at Texas Tech? I'm just wondering because I haven't seen anything about it on this thread, and the last result is from 2013...lol.  I was hoping to have heard back from them by now...

Also, to those accepted to NCSU, any word on funding?  I was told by the DGS that the funding decisions would be made a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything yet. 

Also, to those accepted to NCSU, any word on funding? I was told by the DGS that the funding decisions would be made a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Nope haven't heard anything yet. It is driving me crazy!

So, I know I've been Mr. Mopey around here. Tonight I got rejected by Minnesota, but...... I just was accepted to COLORADO! I'm so happy. I did a dance and everything.

Congrats, Heimat! Beautiful state, and great beer there too!

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited.  The professor there is one of the first I identified as a possible POI.  I heard a podcast with him discussing how he landed in his field and he talked about how they brew German beer in Namibia.  That really resonated with me as far as cultural transmission and it kind of crystalized my interests. 

Nope haven't heard anything yet. It is driving me crazy!

Me too! I was just lurking on the public history thread and saw that someone got funding at NCSU, and I was like what?!?!?!

Also, congrats Heimat Historian!

So, I know I've been Mr. Mopey around here.  Tonight I got rejected by Minnesota, but...... I just was accepted to COLORADO! I'm so happy. I did a dance and everything.

:D :D well would you look at that ! That's awesome so excited for you!