Admission and Wait List Declines

Wait For It...

Ok folks, I officially deposited for tufts today, so I declined all three of my Phd offers: Rochester, Iowa, and Tulane. Hope this helps someone!

Just removed myself from the Texas wait-list. I hope this helps someone else! 

Congrats to you both!! Well done! 

Withdrew my UConn application. No idea where I was on their list, but, in case it was high, I hope this helps.

I'll be deciding whether or not I'd take CUNY's offer (which, apparently, I won't find out until next week if I get a fellowship) or UCR's as soon as I can.

Withdrew my UConn application. No idea where I was on their list, but, in case it was high, I hope this helps.

I'll be deciding whether or not I'd take CUNY's offer (which, apparently, I won't find out until next week if I get a fellowship) or UCR's as soon as I can.

Thanks for the info and good luck with your decision! Those are both great programs. 

Are you waitlisted for admission, or waitlisted for funding? I was briefly waitlisted for admission, but now just funding. I'm actually worried I gave them the impression that I would attend without funding when I visited; I was asking about other alternative sources, which there actually are some since I already live here and can easily get in state tuition. But I'm worried they don't feel like they need to fund me. I assume you got the same bcc email about funding? 

Are you waitlisted for admission, or waitlisted for funding? I was briefly waitlisted for admission, but now just funding. I'm actually worried I gave them the impression that I would attend without funding when I visited; I was asking about other alternative sources, which there actually are some since I already live here and can easily get in state tuition. But I'm worried they don't feel like they need to fund me. I assume you got the same bcc email about funding? 

Unclear--I PM'd you.

Ok folks, I officially deposited for tufts today, so I declined all three of my Phd offers: Rochester, Iowa, and Tulane. Hope this helps someone!

This does help.  Thanks. 

Congratulations on your many offers.  For what it is worth, I suspect that Tufts was a great choice.  Good luck on your next go round.  I am sure the extra 2 years will pay off immensely.

This does help.  Thanks. 

Congratulations on your many offers.  For what it is worth, I suspect that Tufts was a great choice.  Good luck on your next go round.  I am sure the extra 2 years will pay off immensely.

Thank you! I really hope so. Good luck to you as well :)

I am in a similar boat to both of you. I have other offers, but received that bcc email from CUNY saying that I am high up on the waiting list for a fellowship. I assume that means that I am the waiting list for funding, I think they assumed (correctly because I am international) I would not come without funding.

I had a conversation with Carol Gould and was asked to decide whether I would accept if I was admitted, I will decide that this weekend. Feel free to PM me if either of you want to know/talk more about this.

I turned down Purdue and accepted my offer at Riverside. Hope someone gets into Purdue as a result, it's a great program there!

Congrats, Monadology! Riverside is a unique department. I think you'll fit in well. 

I wish I could be happy for myself about you declining Purdue, but our focuses are so different that I don't think it will matter :)

I turned down Purdue and accepted my offer at Riverside. Hope someone gets into Purdue as a result, it's a great program there!

Congrats, buddy!

If you're into Thai food at all, drive over to Redlands and hit up "Mu." It used to be called the Rama Garden. Great food. Not crazy expensive. Redlands is only a 15-20 minute shot from Riverside.

Congrats, Monadology! Riverside is a unique department. I think you'll fit in well. 

I wish I could be happy for myself about you declining Purdue, but our focuses are so different that I don't think it will matter :)

Congrats, buddy!

Thanks! 

If you're into Thai food at all, drive over to Redlands and hit up "Mu." It used to be called the Rama Garden. Great food. Not crazy expensive. Redlands is only a 15-20 minute shot from Riverside.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not much for Thai, but that will be a great place to go when my girlfriend visits as she likes Thai.

Thanks! 

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not much for Thai, but that will be a great place to go when my girlfriend visits as she likes Thai.

Also, if you like cheap, delicious, fast mexican food, try Alberto's. Many locations in riverside. I highly recommend the Carne Asada Fries.