Admission and Wait List Declines

Wait For It...

Wondering who was the one who posted today (29th) on Results that you just received funding from Purdue?  What's your main area, i.e. were you in the philScience/mind/language wait-list category?  Will you accept?   (Was it you, dgswaim?)

Thanks for the info, Friend of Frege, and congrats (assume you have somewhere better).  Purdue emailed on Friday saying that someone just declined an offer that day, so I was now first on the wait list for that area.  Were you offered funding on Friday?

Wondering who was the one who posted today (29th) on Results that you just received funding from Purdue?  What's your main area, i.e. were you in the philScience/mind/language wait-list category?  Will you accept?   (Was it you, dgswaim?)

It was not me. If it were me, I would have posted something overly exclamatory (probably in all caps) on the acceptance thread. I've had not contact from the department since being wait-listed... unfortunately.

I've yet to hear anything from Purdue. All this talk of declined offers is definitely adding some intensity to waiting.

Differance: what time did you decline?

Edited by philadam

I've yet to hear anything from Purdue. All this talk of declined offers is definitely adding some intensity to waiting.

Differance: what time did you decline?

Just around mid-day today, via email. Since it's Saturday, I imagine it's quite possible that no one will see my email until sometime on Monday!

Edited by Differance

is there anyone with interests in 19th and/or 20th century continental philosophy who has an offer at Northwestern and is planning on declining it? I'm on the wait-list and it's starting to look like a better option that I thought it might have been.

I accepted my offer from Wisconsin after visiting over the weekend! I have declined all of my other offers (see signature). Hopefully this helps some of you!

To those of you waitlisted at Wisconsin--it seems that they have about eight offers of admission out, and three of those have officially accepted including myself. My AOI is ethics, broadly.

Edited by wandajune

I accepted my offer from Wisconsin after visiting over the weekend! I have declined all of my other offers (see signature). Hopefully this helps some of you!

To those of you waitlisted at Wisconsin--it seems that they have about eight offers of admission out, and three of those have officially accepted including myself. My AOI is ethics, broadly.

Thank you for the info, wandajune, and congratulations on your choice! UW is a fantastic school and I wish you the best in your studies in its phil program. 

Thank you for the info, wandajune, and congratulations on your choice! UW is a fantastic school and I wish you the best in your studies in its phil program. 

Thanks! Good luck to you with your decision and future studies as well.

Edited by wandajune

I feel like this week is the calm before the storm; everyone's biding their time, waiting to see what will happen. Hopefully, magically, we'll all get off the waitlists we want to get off of, get into the schools we want to get into, and find the fabled White Unicorn of Yore ladened with gobs and gobs of funding.

I feel like this week is the calm before the storm; everyone's biding their time, waiting to see what will happen. Hopefully, magically, we'll all get off the waitlists we want to get off of, get into the schools we want to get into, and find the fabled White Unicorn of Yore ladened with gobs and gobs of funding.

White Unicorn of Yore.  So hot right now.

Hahahah, I know that reference (some would say unfortunately so).

Yeah! Bash.org was such a funny site. I didn't think anyone would every get that reference; so, green upstuff to you!