Which Countries Have You Travelled/Lived in?

victorydance

I'm a Bangladeshi by ethnicity and nationality who has lived almost her entire life in Saudi Arabia. Born in Makkah, lived in Jeddah till the age of 12, then moved to Riyadh 'cause my dad was transferred. Graduated high school in Riyadh and then moved to Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 2010 for my undergrad. Back in Saudi Arabia now after graduation where my dad still works, although now transferred to Makkah.

I've visited some of the cities here in Saudi Arabia: Madinah, Hail, Al-Baha, and Abha (the last two are very beautiful and green with temperate climates--unexpected). Visited a few places in Bangladesh, too. Apart from these two countries, I've visited Malaysia once; only KL, though.

how cheap is it to live in central/south america? europe? Oceania?

It really depends on the country. In Europe, basically the farther up north you go the more expensive it generally gets.

• 4 weeks later...

I never been to any other country before, America will be the first foreign country I live. When I grow up, my dad had to work in another city, I visited my dad only on my vacation. I lived with my mom, who is a working mom. She is so busy to handle a kid all by herself, so she was always exhausted.

• 2 months later...

I've been super lucky with the opportunities I've had to travel. From the UK, and I've travelled to:

Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia (lived), Thailand (lived), New Zealand, Bahrain, Morocco, Egypt, Sweden, Spain, France, Portugal, Belgium, Luxembourg, Indonesia, Malaysia, Greece (lived), Cyprus, Turkey, Canada, and the US.

US States: New York (lived), New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, New Hampshire, Mass., Maine (lived), Penn., Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida (Lived), Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California (lived).

This list definitely doesn't reflect the number of times I've been places either! I think technically I've travelled around the world twice already and I'm only 22! So grateful for the opportunities I've had to see the world, it's definitely made me mature faster and appreciate the world we live in.

• 2 months later...

I'm hoping to travel a lot after graduate school! The first place I want to go to is New Zealand. I want to visit the North and South Island. I would like to rent a car and travel that way, I love road trips! I've traveled an ok amount. The two main vacations that stick out to me have happened over the past two years. Just this summer, I took a 2 week roadtrip from Virginia to Fairbanks Alaska. It was so much fun! We went through Alberta to the Yukon. We avoided cities and mainly visited providence parks and enjoyed the open road. White Horse does have some awesome food though and I tried absinthe for the first time. I hiked/took pictures of the cool outcrops when passing through the Rockies. We saw a lot of wildlife too! The second roadtrip was during spring break and I traveled around the southwest, visiting all the national parks. I got to see White Sands, Grand Canyon, Walnut Canyon, Petrified Forest, Carlsbad Caverns, and the Franklin Mountains. All those parks were amazing. I still have pictures I need to frame from those trips.

Edited by Need Coffee in an IV